There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our team was set up for Shaun Hill

In the offseason, Singletary clarified that he wanted to run the ball, control the clock, rely on our defense to keep it close, and most importantly, not turn the ball over. Well this all sounds good on paper, but once the season started, we couldnt run the football and control the clock. Hill didnt turn the ball over, but regardless of that, our plan was shot when we had no success with the ground game. Now Alex has stepped in and we are tryin to form the offense around his skills, which is really tough to do in the middle of the season. I am tired of switching QB's in the middle of the season. We have no consistency when it comes to coaches and player personell on our football team, and I think that is one of our biggest problems.
I pray to god that no 49er team now, or in the future is set up for a quarterback who cant throw a 12 yard out route.
Not that Nate Davis is our future, but I pray to God that Singletary does the stand up thing and allows him to compete for the job.
Originally posted by zozell:
Not that Nate Davis is our future, but I pray to God that Singletary does the stand up thing and allows him to compete for the job.

Agreed, I thought out of pre season Nate Davis was the best looking quarterback we had. Kid has a cannon.

Yes yes, lets give a QB with a learning disability a chance to start in the middle of the season. Than lets put this QB in with a beat up oline, a lack of a running game, and little consistency of any kind with play calling or receivers making plays. Great choice. That would work great towards putting him in a position to be successful. Great message to send to the lockeroom that your giving up this season. Good thing knee jerk reactions doesn't run the NFL or our team. I mean man you think that our offense is boring and conservative now? What do you think would happen when we use a rookie QB who doesn't have a complete grasp of the playbook? Our already vanilla offense would become a Tofu offense. Come on man. This isn't madden. Its dumb to start Davis this season.
I'm not a Hill or Smith fan. But I do think Shuan Hill was given a raw deal getting benched. The man was 3-2 as a starter and had a winning record in his career. They should have given him more time.
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm not a Hill or Smith fan. But I do think Shuan Hill was given a raw deal getting benched. The man was 3-2 as a starter and had a winning record in his career. They should have given him more time.

I disagree, all season long he missed easy throws, threw at wr's feet, ran into his own OLinemen adn took sacks that shouldnt have been sacks.

Every Td pass he threw to vd, was so ugly, it was a milisecond from being an INT. Vd had to adjust on every td pass he caught from Hill..

Not only that, but hill got worse as he played more games, he missed more throws, got sacked in more retarded fashion, and started looking frantic and lost.

He looked like a 4th string qb.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I disagree, all season long he missed easy throws, threw at wr's feet, ran into his own OLinemen adn took sacks that shouldnt have been sacks.

Every Td pass he threw to vd, was so ugly, it was a milisecond from being an INT. Vd had to adjust on every td pass he caught from Hill..

Not only that, but hill got worse as he played more games, he missed more throws, got sacked in more retarded fashion, and started looking frantic and lost.

Good thing Smith changed all that........
So set it up for ALEX and PLAY THE SPREAD. It's called being FLEXIBLE!

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Good thing Smith changed all that........

Actually yes he has. thanks for finally noticing
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So set it up for ALEX and PLAY THE SPREAD. It's called being FLEXIBLE!

Our team was set up for a competent head coach.
Originally posted by OX49er253:

Yes yes, lets give a QB with a learning disability a chance to start in the middle of the season. Than lets put this QB in with a beat up oline, a lack of a running game, and little consistency of any kind with play calling or receivers making plays. Great choice. That would work great towards putting him in a position to be successful. Great message to send to the lockeroom that your giving up this season. Good thing knee jerk reactions doesn't run the NFL or our team. I mean man you think that our offense is boring and conservative now? What do you think would happen when we use a rookie QB who doesn't have a complete grasp of the playbook? Our already vanilla offense would become a Tofu offense. Come on man. This isn't madden. Its dumb to start Davis this season.

No one said this season. Usually when people talk about giving players a chance to compete for a job, they are referring to the following season in training camp, which is what I was talking about. Sorry, guess I shoulda elaborated but I thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't talking about starting him this season...
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
In the offseason, Singletary clarified that he wanted to run the ball, control the clock, rely on our defense to keep it close, and most importantly, not turn the ball over. Well this all sounds good on paper, but once the season started, we couldnt run the football and control the clock. Hill didnt turn the ball over, but regardless of that, our plan was shot when we had no success with the ground game. Now Alex has stepped in and we are tryin to form the offense around his skills, which is really tough to do in the middle of the season. I am tired of switching QB's in the middle of the season. We have no consistency when it comes to coaches and player personell on our football team, and I think that is one of our biggest problems.

+1...you knew the season was a wash when he was switching QB's after a 1/3 of the season even with a winning record.
Originally posted by OX49er253:

thank you!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF: