There are 199 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody following the discussion on Cohn's blog RE: Ira Miller and McCloughan

  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,129
McCloughan seems like he'd have a dry, sarcastic sense of humor. I wonder if that was the case with his conversation with Ira Miller.

Frankly, this just seems like a stupid story.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by susweel:
McClueless is in over his head.

I'm starting to dislike the guy, bring in Holmgren, f**k it.

Dude, Holmgren is a Hall of Fame coach, but a Hall of Shame GM. Other than Shaun Alexander, who did he ever draft? Who did he ever sign? He sucked as GM. Don't let his coaching skills -- off the charts good -- trick you into thinking he can pick players. Just because Walsh could do both does not mean Holmgren can -- he tried and failed.
damn I wish Ira Miller would just meet his maker. can not stand this punk. when has he ever had something positive to say about the 49ers. hmm.. never.
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by susweel:
McClueless is in over his head.

I'm starting to dislike the guy, bring in Holmgren, f**k it.

Dude, Holmgren is a Hall of Fame coach, but a Hall of Shame GM. Other than Shaun Alexander, who did he ever draft? Who did he ever sign? He sucked as GM. Don't let his coaching skills -- off the charts good -- trick you into thinking he can pick players. Just because Walsh could do both does not mean Holmgren can -- he tried and failed.

True, Holmgren's not a good personnel man. But they do need to find someone better than McC if they want to win championships.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
People can hate Ira Miller all they want but I fear that his opinion is shared by others around the league about this organization.
Look at how many OC's turned us down. Look at the Kurt Warner fiasco.
There is a momentum that bad organizations build and we are starting to show signs of becoming one.
Originally posted by NinersCluebat:
People can hate Ira Miller all they want but I fear that his opinion is shared by others around the league about this organization.
Look at how many OC's turned us down. Look at the Kurt Warner fiasco.
There is a momentum that bad organizations build and we are starting to show signs of becoming one.

Yes, and the best way to turn it around is to win. And to win we need a stud GM, and McC ain't it.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
damn I wish Ira Miller would just meet his maker. never.

  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,129
Singletary and McCloughan will get another shot in 2010. If they can't turn it around at that point, this whole front office is going to get ripped apart.
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by susweel:
McClueless is in over his head.

I'm starting to dislike the guy, bring in Holmgren, f**k it.

Dude, Holmgren is a Hall of Fame coach, but a Hall of Shame GM. Other than Shaun Alexander, who did he ever draft? Who did he ever sign? He sucked as GM. Don't let his coaching skills -- off the charts good -- trick you into thinking he can pick players. Just because Walsh could do both does not mean Holmgren can -- he tried and failed.

Agreed.
Holmgren was stripped of his GM duties in Seattle and when that happend his coaching also improved.

Shanahn was as good GM yet he does not know how to draft defence.
Sports reporter is a tough job, huh? Never be responsible for a damn thing, but act like you're smarter than everyone else and flap your trap all day. Sports writers can sometimes be mildly amusing but it would be a mistake to ever take them seriously.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
the kentwan balmer pick will haunt me about him for a long time, we could have had deshaun, i think SM just doesn't like Cal players, aaron rodgers, deshaun jackson wanted to be niners.

I love cal. But rogers was like a robot. And if he's oline plays well he's still a robot built for the west coast! Jackson is sick. him and crabtree. blah. plus year we take could have took wilfork and trade twice. for woods. thanks terry by the way.Balmer better become the next B.Y. or mini justin smith.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 27, 2009 at 10:29 PM ]
sing and mcluless should jump cohn
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
damn I wish Ira Miller would just meet his maker. can not stand this punk. when has he ever had something positive to say about the 49ers. hmm.. never.

edit- let me edit this...

but yeah that was not necessary...u don't need to say things like that.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 27, 2009 at 10:57 PM ]