There are 217 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody following the discussion on Cohn's blog RE: Ira Miller and McCloughan

Things are starting to get heated and Ira Miller himself has answered a couple of the comments.

But first things first:

It all started with a column by Loweel Cohn about Scot McCloguhan and how the 49ers GM was in over his head. He narrates an incident in which Ira Miller, going to do a informal talk with Scot McCloguhan with the promise of no recording hatsoever, heard this from McCloguhan: “I know you have a tape recorder going in your pocket.”

Ira walked away after exchange a few harsh words with McCloguhan.

Then, Lowell proceed to list all of Ira's credentials. You can read it all here:
LINK

Well, the response in his blog was so intense that he wrote another post about the incident and the column with this being the most interesting part:

Quote:
This accusation is whacky stuff and should make 49er fans wonder what's ticking in McCloughan's brain and if he has the right stuff to lead this struggling franchise.
LINK

Now people are going at it with Ira making a special appearance.
More B.S. from Lowell Cohn...
Why Cohn has a job anywhere outside of Star magazine is beyond me.
I've been following Ira Miller for over thirty years. He is well respected and informed around the league. If he says SM is paranoid and incompetent, i believe him.
the kentwan balmer pick will haunt me about him for a long time, we could have had deshaun, i think SM just doesn't like Cal players, aaron rodgers, deshaun jackson wanted to be niners.
McClueless is in over his head.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
A GM accused a reporter of having a tape-recorder in his pocket?! BLASPHEMY!

Way over-blown, and it happened in '08? Why is it just being reported now? Why is it even being reported at all? And why are we hearing about it if it's supposedly "off the record"? Of course he's paranoid of the media, he works in the NFL. Find something real to write about.

One last thought, how does a GM questioning a reporter about a tape-recorder make him a bad GM?
[ Edited by foreign49er on Nov 27, 2009 at 5:51 PM ]
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:
I'm pretty sure moat reporters have voice recorders in their poket, at least they should.

I would think it would be a problem if they didn't have one.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
More B.S. from Lowell Cohn...

I'm starting to dislike the guy, bring in Holmgren, f**k it.
A goofy, gossipy kind of story that says a lot more about Lowell than it does about McCloughan.