LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Singletary's best coaching trait is.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
It's actually not his motivational speeches IMO (which from my perspective, are pretty useless once the players figure out speeches don't win games). It is the fact that he has the balls to bench entrenched veterans and starters. From O'Sullivan to Clements to Brown to Roman to Hill to Bruce. I'm really impressed with this characteristic. From Mooch to Nolan, we haven't had a single coach in the last decade who had the guts to bench a popular veteran. I'm hoping this one trait can put the competitive fire in place and help us win more games.

Do you guys agree this is one of his best traits? Honestly, I find it very refreshing.
It's his ability to know when a player needs to be knocked out!

Loyalty, loyalty to the ownership. So far, coach has never talked back to the ownership and executed every wish from the ownership with great enthusiasm.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's his ability to know when a player needs to be knocked out!

He's aite...he's from the hood, he's aite.
His willingness to make changes is a welcome difference from the Nolan approach.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, he doesn't waste time making changes.
Originally posted by mayo63:

Now if he will only make the NEEDED CHANGE of going more spread we will be much better. Make that change Coach Sing! It is so obvious, get a clue coach.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kelpie70:

Now if he will only make the NEEDED CHANGE of going more spread we will be much better. Make that change Coach Sing! It is so obvious, get a clue coach.

Good point, that is a strange dichotomy: He is aggressive on his personnel management practices but conservative on his game management practices - the combination of which is not enough to win us games.
Originally posted by kelpie70:

and its funny how he doesn't seem like the conservative type..... but yeah he is and the thing is he has to find out somehow.......

even if Alex Smith has to tell Singletary himself lol watever it takes please SOMEONE, ANYONE just at least give him a clue...
Yeah, I think Singletary likes young players that he could guide, mold and given a chance. Which makes the benching ...I mean, deactivation of Bruce this late in the season more puzzling. It should have happen long ago. I think I want to blame Sullivan

There's only so much changes he can make though. The rest of the team are backups.

His roguish good looks.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
It's actually not his motivational speeches IMO (which from my perspective, are pretty useless once the players figure out speeches don't win games). It is the fact that he has the balls to bench entrenched veterans and starters. From O'Sullivan to Clements to Brown to Roman to Hill to Bruce. I'm really impressed with this characteristic. From Mooch to Nolan, we haven't had a single coach in the last decade who had the guts to bench a popular veteran. I'm hoping this one trait can put the competitive fire in place and help us win more games.

Do you guys agree this is one of his best traits? Honestly, I find it very refreshing.

Leadership is his best trait...anyone can bench a player...
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Shaj:

Leadership is his best trait...anyone can bench a player...

Not many coaches have the guts to do it like he does.
He doesn't have any good coaching traits. He's a disaster. Worse than Nolan.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He doesn't have any good coaching traits. He's a disaster. Worse than Nolan.

Share 49ersWebzone