There are 432 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jones = worst free agent signing ever?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see the point of having him. He always was over paid. He never had big production. Even if you were going to use him he's over paid. But to not use him and pay him this much....
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Another offseason may prove that he'll be a starter. He runs good routes, has great speed, and also has solid pass catching ability.

He'll be motivated in 2010 to produce.
he was alex smith fav target in training camp i believe when bruce retires he should be number 3 receiver behing crabtree and hill no offense but morgan is really not working out
brandon jones = the next j.j. stokes
Originally posted by bigmike55:

It's not like we traded up in the 1st round to get him, or anything.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

It's not like we traded up in the 1st round to get him, or anything.

That is very true, but we did spend big money on him... I just hope he contributes somehow, other than fair catching punts inside the 5 yard line.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by crzy:
Where are our capologists? What kind of cap hit do we get if we cut Jones this offseason. He is useless and overpaid.

You should try making bold, ridiculous statements sometime. It really stirs people up.

Oh...wait

0 catches, 0 touchdowns, 0 receiving yards.

Not really a bold statement there.

He's making #2 WR receiver money, not #4 receiver money. We let Bryant Johnson go, and he signed a 3 year, $9 million contract, and decided to overpay a less productive receiver.

Bryant Johnson was our only thing close to a redzone WR too, where you can throw a fade rout. I think he caught 2 or 3 of those for TDs last year.
Your talkin about Darrell "butter fingers" Jackson, right?
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Jones is evidence our owners are cheap and McClueless cannot recognize talent...why did we even bother with this guy??? He was never, ever any good anywhere, anyhow...?? WTF?

this

when we first signed him the first thing i said was Who the hell is Brandon Jones?...i think it was a horrible signing and a big proof why we need a new GM...we had Antonio Bryant and Bryant Johnson who had really productive years with us...what do the 49ers do? They kick them to the curb and signed some nobody

way to go McCloughan...you need to be fired
That's absurd...he hasn't had a chance to produce really, other than a few punt returns. He was lighting it up in camp before he got hurt...just like Jason Hill, he has to get on the field and have some passes thrown his way before you make a crazy statement like that.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
That's absurd...he hasn't had a chance to produce really, other than a few punt returns. He was lighting it up in camp before he got hurt...just like Jason Hill, he has to get on the field and have some passes thrown his way before you make a crazy statement like that.

Exactly my thoughts.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
For those of you who haven't been Niners fans for long.............................don't forget Gabe Wilkins and Antonion Langham (aka Toast).[/quote]

LMAO!!!......Hell yeah that dude was garbage....
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Someone needs to tell him to stop hanging out with carmen san diego. That chick is no good.

5 years, $16.5M for 0 catches thus far and a 1.2 yard punt return average. if I didn't know better I would have thought Al Davis signed this guy....
Originally posted by schmons:
5 years, $16.5M for 0 catches thus far and a 1.2 yard punt return average. if I didn't know better I would have thought Al Davis signed this guy....

Are you guys just plain dumb? How can a receiver catch anything if they're not on the field? I blame Jerry Sullivan and the coaching staff for not getting Jones involved in the gameplan, not Jones himself.