LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Brandon Jones = worst free agent signing ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
just because we dont let the guy touch the field doesnt make him a bust. He will produce more when Bruce is gone

Bruce is now inactive, if we go to the spread, i think there is a chance he hits the field. I want to know why he isnt in???

Numerous stories/reports said he was catching every deep ball alex smith, and some of the ducks "that come down like punts" from Shaun hill. (in training camp)

Granted that was against our 30th ranked pass defense.

and granted our pass defense was better the beginning of the season.

Good point, but he caught some of those over clements, but you have agood point either way

For those of you who haven't been Niners fans for long.............................don't forget Gabe Wilkins and Antonion Langham (aka Toast).
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
just because we dont let the guy touch the field doesnt make him a bust. He will produce more when Bruce is gone

According to Singletary, Bruce is going to be inactive this Sunday. I hope he is inactive for the remainder of the season, I'd rather see the reps going to Hill and Jones.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Where are our capologists? What kind of cap hit do we get if we cut Jones this offseason. He is useless and overpaid.
[ Edited by crzy on Nov 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Where are our capologists? What kind of cap hit do we get if we cut Jones this offseason. He is useless and overpaid.

You should try making bold, ridiculous statements sometime. It really stirs people up.

Oh...wait
Jones is evidence our owners are cheap and McClueless cannot recognize talent...why did we even bother with this guy??? He was never, ever any good anywhere, anyhow...?? WTF?
[ Edited by Bobbi9698 on Nov 26, 2009 at 10:03 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

You should try making bold, ridiculous statements sometime. It really stirs people up.

Oh...wait

0 catches, 0 touchdowns, 0 receiving yards.

Not really a bold statement there.

He's making #2 WR receiver money, not #4 receiver money. We let Bryant Johnson go, and he signed a 3 year, $9 million contract, and decided to overpay a less productive receiver.

Oh...wait

He's making #2 WR receiver money, not #4 receiver money. We let Bryant Johnson go, and he signed a 3 year, $9 million contract, and decided to overpay a less productive receiver.

McClueless..............

Oh...wait

Actually it was the "useless and overpaid" part that was bold and ridiculous.
Yeah he's 10 games into a 5 YEAR contract - I'd say it's soon enough to label him the worst FA signing ever. I mean, Gabe Wilkins wasn't really all that bad, am I right??

And what's up with that Crabtree guy?? I mean, he's getting paid like $32 million and he ONLY HAS 22 CATCHES!! Worst draft pick ever, right??

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Hard to make a big impact when your injured 11 weeks. Crabtree signing didn't help his case also.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Oh...wait

Actually it was the "useless and overpaid" part that was bold and ridiculous.

Useless = no production

Overpaid = ridiculous contract

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:
Hard to make a big impact when your injured 11 weeks. Crabtree signing didn't help his case also.

Injuries aren't an excuse. That didn't stop people from constantly criticizing Jonas Jennings. At least he was productive when he was on the field.
Did you just say "Jonas Jennings"?

You're high on turkey, crzy!!!
  • Veteran
The genius of Scotty McCloughan. Five years of failure and one wonders how he keeps his job?
Share 49ersWebzone