There are 233 users in the forums

Brandon Jones = worst free agent signing ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
5 years, $16.5M. Zero Production

Where is he?

I think its only because we did not expect Crabtree to fall to us at #10. I mean if he was gone by then there is no way we would have drafted a WR. Its a win because we have Crabs but a lose because he is wasted money.

Especially on those punt returns. Awful.
just because we dont let the guy touch the field doesnt make him a bust. He will produce more when Bruce is gone
Someone needs to tell him to stop hanging out with carmen san diego. That chick is no good.
I can think of a few worse signings over the years. Breaking your shoulder blade in the preseason and missing all of traning camp and some of the year hurt his chances the most.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Ever? Not even close. Remember Gabe Wilkens? Antonio Langham? This guy hasn't even gotten a chance to play yet, so you can't blame him.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
just because we dont let the guy touch the field doesnt make him a bust. He will produce more when Bruce is gone

Bruce is now inactive, if we go to the spread, i think there is a chance he hits the field. I want to know why he isnt in???

Numerous stories/reports said he was catching every deep ball alex smith, and some of the ducks "that come down like punts" from Shaun hill. (in training camp)

Granted that was against our 30th ranked pass defense.
Us signin Crabtree + injury + emergence of J. Hill made him invisible. We should see production next year.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Us signin Crabtree + injury + emergence of J. Hill made him invisible. We should see production next year.

How? We'll have Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, and Davis.
I don't see the point of having him. He always was overpaid. He never had big production. Even if you were going to use him he's overpaid. But to not use him and pay him this much....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM ]

Originally posted by B650:

He might b***h and moan in the offseason, and force some kind of roster move.

There was no emergence, he was there last year.. I thought he would be starting this year.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Bruce is now inactive, if we go to the spread, i think there is a chance he hits the field. I want to know why he isnt in???

Numerous stories/reports said he was catching every deep ball alex smith, and some of the ducks "that come down like punts" from Shaun hill. (in training camp)

Granted that was against our 30th ranked pass defense.

and granted our pass defense was better the beginning of the season.
Originally posted by B650:

We will probably loose battle and bruce. He is a vet. He knows he needs 2 earn his cash. He will step up. IMO
it was a horrible signing when we did it. now that we dont use him, and he hasnt even done anything when he plays, its just a big "i told you so".
Jerry Sullivan
Share 49ersWebzone