LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

You guys still talking about Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
awesome thread
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's going to make a pro Alex Smith thread so that he fails like JTO and Hill!

I hope not. Joecool has the jinx.

-9fA
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Joecool:
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your day. Give thanks to Alex Smith and the fact we can watch the Niners. I will unveil my masterplan soon.

This is easy to guess. Joecool was THE biggest JT O'Sullivan fan here. So he will suggest that we trade Alex Smith, Patrick Willis and our both 1st round picks for JTO.
Originally posted by Twister68:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your day. Give thanks to Alex Smith and the fact we can watch the Niners. I will unveil my masterplan soon.

This is easy to guess. Joecool was THE biggest JT O'Sullivan fan here. So he will suggest that we trade Alex Smith, Patrick Willis and our both 1st round picks for JTO.

sounds fair to me
looks like your still talking about him too
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
looks like your still talking about him too

Lmao, yeah right. lol. I guess he has to say something about the kid, he just cant make it positive.
Bottom line is he has till the end of the season to prove his worth, then it doesn't matter what the fans think.

It won't matter if you're pro or against the kid because ultimately, whether he stays or go won't be your decision to make.

However we all know that Singletary is short on patience when it comes to a players performance, so I still wouldn't put it pass him to make another change if they keep losing.

He ended up with a 7-9 record last year and I'm sure he'll do whatever it takes to make sure that he doesn't end up worse. It would be a very bad reflection on him if his won and loss record goes backwards.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
2 first round picks next year = Alex Smith

The only way this doesn't happen is if McCloughan avoids drafting a QB in the first round to save face by avoiding the appearance that drafting Smith was a mistake. Man up and admit your mistake like the Lions and Harrington, the Browns and Couch, the Bengals and Akili Smith, and even the Ravens and Boller.

Good GMs move on and improve. Even Walsh had big misses, but he didn't hang onto them to save face.
Share 49ersWebzone