LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Now do you see how valuable Clements is?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He may not be worth the 7 mil a year, but it can't be argued against that he is good if not great. He always shuts down the best wr's in the game. Let's See Fitz, Steve Smith, Burress, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson....and so on and so on. He has shared coverage a little more this year with Spencer but Nobody can deny that he is one of the best all around CB's out there. He is the best tackling cb, and great at forcing fumbles as well. (ask adrian petersen and every other rb we go against who the best tackling cb is and they will all say Clements)

He has only had 2 bad games in recent memory.....against Owens but Owens schools everybody (Bailey gave up 200 and 2 td's as well a few yrs ago), and Roddy White...(1 missed tackle goes 90 yards)

Don't any of you think if Clements was in against Tenn he would of held Justin Gagde to nothing and tackled Chris Johnson a lot better than Brown who missed tackles. Even with our turnovers that game would of been a win

Don't you think If Clements was in he would NOT of missed the tackle on Jennings and that means NO TD for Jennings. Also he would of certainly held Jennings 125 yards in check....NOT TO MENTION Ryan Grant would of converted less third downs and less running yards??? And the last time i checked......we only needed 1 more stop on 3rd down to have a chance to win.

Clements is our second or third best player on D and a great CB, i hope you all see how important his coverage is and tackling is when compared to the alternative.
Yea I said the same thing basically in a few other topics. But everyone hates on him because he has 1 bad game a year.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yea I said the same thing basically in a few other topics. But everyone hates on him because he has 1 bad game a year.

he hasnt had one bad game a year, he gets burned pretty often actually BUT im not sure how much better Bly or Brown are to make that replacement.
Most of us knew he was. There were just a select few blabbing that he wasn't, crying for a move to FS, etc.

I don't care where he is, as long as he's on the field.
never thought Nate should have been benched in the first place
I wonder if he has smallhands too, he never gets ints
I don't think Nate would have missed that tackle against green bay

I like Nate..especially against the run..
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

he hasnt had one bad game a year, he gets burned pretty often actually BUT im not sure how much better Bly or Brown are to make that replacement.

Dude he had one bad game this year vs ATL. He held Andre Johnson to like 2 catches in the first half of that Houston game, he held Housh to 4 catches, he held Fitz to 6 for 70 yards, I mean come on man the only bad game he had this year was vs ATL. Don't be a hater. He got burned a few times last year, but this year he was really good save the game vs ATL.
He's still a solid player, and I think AB can testify that the Niners would benefit only about $1 million this year if they released him.

Come back soon, Nate.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's still a solid player, and I think AB can testify that the Niners would benefit only about $1 million this year if they released him.

Come back soon, Nate.

It's a no brainer then. I can't believe how our run defense has fallen off a cliff ever since he got hurt. We've always been stout up the middle, but we're getting absolutely gashed outside the tackles ever since he went down.
very good,

and I didnt even read the post, but I KNEW that when Clements went down, our run defense would slip. And its been true. Grant blew us up running to the right, and overall, our run defense has went from second to now sixth. Our defensive avg. per carry also has risen. I know Clements has been a huge part to stopping the run and limiting receivers. Hes big time
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Most of us knew he was. There were just a select few blabbing that he wasn't, crying for a move to FS, etc.

I don't care where he is, as long as he's on the field.

Charles Woodson is playing at multiple positions. I would love to see Manusky fiddle around with Clements at CB and FS.
He get burned every once in a while like any other CB out there but the thing about Clements is that he is a good tackler especially on the open field. For some reason brown can't tackle. He is like deion Sanders but without the instinct and the greatness.
I miss Nasty Nate
Share 49ersWebzone