There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

you want to talk

I'll talk some stats if everyone else wants to talk stats and blame everything on the
defense. You can't expect the defense to win you every game. and if you noticed in
recent games, when in the second half and the offense is making a come back the
defense becomes stout again and it's only in the final minutes they crumble. Why, because their too exhausted from being on the field most of the first half and half of
the second half. The greenbay game only make my words more true. How many plays did our offense run in the first half of that game? 12, 13 at most. They only completed one first down in the first 30 minutes of play. Anyway here are the stats.

def. ranking / def. plays / record /off. ranking
san fran 22 / 672 / 4-6 / 27
cleveland 32 / 674 / 1-9 / 31
buffalo 25 / 694 / 3-7 / 28
kansas city 30 / 660 / 3-7 / 30
oakland 24 / 669 / 3-7 / 32
tampa bay 27 / 637 / 1-9 / 29

All these teams are among the highest in defensive plays ran this year.
These are the only teams in the entire NFL , averaging less than 300 yards offense
per game folks. Statistics don't lie, believe it or not.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Nov 26, 2009 at 6:05 AM ]
ya but Green bay had ball with 5 min left and up by 6 all we needed was a stop and they couldnt do that and remember the vikings game they gave a game winning drive im not saying teh D is bad but they are far from elite and not clutch at all
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
That's crazy defensive plays info, man.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 26, 2009 at 6:52 AM ]
in the vikings game as I recall the offense did not covert one third down the entire game and put all the pressure on the defense. If it weren't for that blocked field goal for a touchdown we wouldn't even have been in the game at the end anyway. Like I said with the green bay game, the offense went three and out almost the entire first half except that one run by Gore and I don't believe they concerted one third down that entire half.
Nice work man
The offense needs to get drives going in the first half of the Packers game to help out the defense. But the offense don't play defense. I trust what I saw in the first half. The defense was getting pushed around from the first drive. The Packers drove the length of the field several times, mixing it up with the runs and the passes. Our guy missed tackles.

Our offense scored a field goal with a decent early first drive. The Packers came right back, made another long drive and score another three. You can credit the defense for keeping the scoring at 3 but on one of those drive, the Packers had a penalty that help the D to keep it at 3 points.

They played better in the second half, but there's a little bit of the Packers going conservation in the second half involved, since they were already up 23-3. Then there was 5+ minutes left but they couldn't stop the Packs

We don't need stats to tell us our defense is inconsistent and average and needed the offense to help not exposing the D to the other team's offense too often. Singletary wanted a conservative offense, but don't have the stout defense to stop the other team from scoring. It's not a good mixture for us.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I'll talk some stats if everyone else wants to talk stats and blame everything on the
defense. You can't expect the defense to win you every game. and if you noticed in
recent games, when in the second half and the offense is making a come back the
defense becomes stout again and it's only in the final minutes they crumble. Why, because their too exhausted from being on the field most of the first half and half of
the second half. The greenbay game only make my words more true. How many plays did our offense run in the first half of that game? 12, 13 at most. They only completed one first down in the first 30 minutes of play. Anyway here are the stats.

def. ranking / def. plays / record /off. ranking
san fran 22 / 672 / 4-6 / 27
cleveland 32 / 674 / 1-9 / 31
buffalo 25 / 694 / 3-7 / 28
kansas city 30 / 660 / 3-7 / 30
oakland 24 / 669 / 3-7 / 32
tampa bay 27 / 637 / 1-9 / 29

All these teams are among the highest in defensive plays ran this year.
These are the only teams in the entire NFL , averaging less than 300 yards offense
per game folks. Statistics don't lie, believe it or not.

Not a good post. Sorry. The Colts and Saints, who are both undefeated, rank 6th and 8th in the NFL in most plays. The Niners, third overall. In fact, the Colts have only had 15 more defensive snaps than the Niners this year (672 to 657).

All these stats prove is that the defense can't stop anyone, that our 3rd down defense is one of the most pathetic in the NFL (5th worst at allowing 43%). If you want to prove a point defending the defense, you need to look at the amount of OFFENSIVE plays, not defense. Or, if you look at the defense, look at how many plays per series, or 3 and outs. A stronger argument to defend your position is to state that the Niners are only the 11th worst in allowing first downs per game.

Special note: The Niners rank number 1 in defensive penalties.

P.S. The Packers came into this game with an intelligent game plan. They realized the Niners cannot pass rush, and cannot cover anyone. Hence, the pass, pass, pass plan in place. It worked. The Niners rank 30th in the NFL in pass defense. 22nd in sacks (thanks to our DL, not the OLB's).

The bottom line is that this defense was much better earlier in the year, but now has a very difficult time stopping the pass. We are currently 6th in the NFL in rush defense.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM ]
No you need to look at offensive rankings compared to defensive plays compared to offensive yards averaged per game compared to their records, that's what you need to compare.
Kinda shows you that its a TEAM game.
And compare that 43 % for our defense on third down conversions to our horrible 30% third down conversions on offense. Every team I have mentioned is 32 % or lower in that category. Every other team is 38 % or above.
anyone who blames our D for our poor record clearly doesn't understand football.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ya but Green bay had ball with 5 min left and up by 6 all we needed was a stop and they couldnt do that and remember the vikings game they gave a game winning drive im not saying teh D is bad but they are far from elite and not clutch at all

Yeah, I know for a fact it's not all the defense. But whether the O holds or not, they have to make those stops at the key moments. I mean listen to the players. Yesterday bly even said, had i caught that int in indy, we would of won. Had we stopped johnson against the titans we would of won.

The defensive players themselves know they need to step up. And I will say this, against them again. Completely defensive side of the ball. we have allowed over 300 yards for half of our games. and not too mention that for whatever reason on d, teams that are supposed to suck, always have some of their best offensive days against our D, which is 30th against the pass. So 30th. I dont think we need to say any more.

But as i said it's the whole team tho, not just the D, or the O.
Oh, why is it whenever we are on defense, the announcers state that someone has gone for a career/season high on the opposing team? I swear if I hear that one more time, I will
Coach blows hard
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Oh, why is it whenever we are on defense, the announcers state that someone has gone for a career/season high on the opposing team? I swear if I hear that one more time, I will

LMFAO. You know new guy i just said the same thing. All last week, all i kept hearing is, the Oline thats the worst in the league, seem to be having their best game against us. I mean Rodgers threw his best career half ever in his career. And then we really expect to win on offense or defense. Stop the career days, and then maybe we can really shine.