There are 236 users in the forums

Sing KNBR tuesday interview transcript

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/11/25/mike-singletary-before-i-get-in-to-the-spread-offense-and-the-shotgun-and-whether-i-want-vernon-davis-in-the-spread-offense-i-really-want-to-talk-about-winning/

thoughts? Hope this isn't posted yet.

Sing says we'll use some spread offense from now on.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Nov 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
He also said that we won't totally get away from what we wanted to do in the beginning of the season, so we'll see what happens. Whether we're operating from a spread offense or not, Raye has to start getting more creative.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM ]
Originally posted by B650:
He also said that we won't totally get away from what we wanted to do in the beginning of the season, so we'll see what happens. Whether we're operating from a spread offense or not, Raye has to start getting more creative.

That's pretty much the main thing I touched on in my discussion of the lack of formation shifts/formational creativity, etc.

We don't seem to know at all how to effectively gameplan, and when what we have doesn't work, we simply do nothing on offense. We can't adjust. Two big problems.

If you suck at creating a successful game plan, your offense will suffer.

If you can't adjust when you know the offensive plan is not better than their defense's plan, your offense will suffer the entire game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by B650:

That's pretty much the main thing I touched on in my discussion of the lack of formation shifts/formational creativity, etc.

We don't seem to know at all how to effectively gameplan, and when what we have doesn't work, we simply do nothing on offense. We can't adjust. Two big problems.

If you suck at creating a successful game plan, your offense will suffer.

If you can't adjust when you know the offensive plan is not better than their defense's plan, your offense will suffer the entire game.

Exactly. The bottom line is that no team should look THIS bad operating under a regular offense. Raye lacks creativity. Everyone knows what's coming and that's the problem. It isn't that we're not running a spread offense all the time. It's that he's too damn predictable. The offense is just out there trying not to make a mistake. I don't see any aggressiveness. I don't see us trying to attack. The only time we do is when we're coming from behind in a spread offense. It's been a strange season. That's all I know.

It isn't all on Raye, because the OL can't block, but you have to find a way to make it work somehow. Little 3-yard passes aren't going to accomplish anything. Take some shots down the field. Try some play-actions. Have 3 WRs out there using our regular offense. Does it have to be a spread offense in order to have more than 2 WRs? I see some wacky stuff out there. We have some good WRs on this team, but why am I seeing Delanie Walker line up at WR and Jason Hill on the bench at times? It makes you wonder.
Share 49ersWebzone