LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Bly over Brown ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bly and Spencer...these 2 guys r experienced guys!

u gotta test and trial some of these young guys like Brown and see if they r dead weight or not!...
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
if its going to help the secondary, so be it. im sick and tired of seeing 3rd downs being converted by the other teams against our secondary

this

Yeah i know man.. If seeing 3rd downs being converted by the other teams against our seceondary but... DLine didn't Tackle Or must Sacks to QB damn mofo! I think the problem is Isaac Sopoaga or justin Smith didn't sack with QB.. .. I thought, I.Sopoaga is power to play football but he didn't have much use with a Tackles and Sacks too.. i figure out! sigh....
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Nov 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM ]
interesting move, hope it works out
  • Coach
  • Info N/A
With Bly you have experience, but you also have a guy that takes a lot of chances without the speed to recover. A scary thought. With T. Brown you have a young corner who is playing a position where there is always growing pains. I say give him another shot and see if he bounces back. The bigger question is why Nate was benched in the first place. Benched and then asked to return punts where he gets hurt. Nate is not the best man coverage corner, but at least he provides a physical edge in run game. He is a cover 2 corner and needs to be played appropriatly if you intend to get your moneys worth.
It's why you sign guys like Bly...for quality depth. This has been Tarrel's first sustained period of starting. He'll learn from it and get better, but Singletary needs to put his best guys out there and it makes sense to bring in the wily vet at this point.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
why did brown get the start over clements in the first place?? More idiotic personnel moves by the coaching staff.

He actually played well those games before this past GB game. You guys are over reacting off one game. But when Clements has one game you start blaming others for not being his fault. Ohh the safety didn't get there in time etc etc. He's a good player and new to the position he will learn and be better. Relax!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
why did brown get the start over clements in the first place?? More idiotic personnel moves by the coaching staff.

He actually played well those games before this past GB game. You guys are over reacting off one game. But when Clements has one game you start blaming others for not being his fault. Ohh the safety didn't get there in time etc etc. He's a good player and new to the position he will learn and be better. Relax!

yeah, I am thinking about Clements has one game you start blaming others for not being his fault. maybe ur right! Clements are great the defensive and good support to run! I know that his earning the moneys alot because he work hard for good support to run and solider tackle are better than T.Brown or Spencer? I know Spencer is better than T.Brown.. anyway..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

yeah, I am thinking about Clements has one game you start blaming others for not being his fault. maybe ur right! Clements are great the defensive and good support to run! I know that his earning the moneys alot because he work hard for good support to run and solider tackle are better than T.Brown or Spencer? I know Spencer is better than T.Brown.. anyway..

Yeah Clements is good in run support but he does really well against Fitz and Boldin also, and he shut down Houshmandzadeh, and he is a good corner even though he does get torched now and then(by TO and then by White), but that's usually only once or twice per year. The other times he does well. He's our best corner and we don't appreciate the guy. He was playing the slot vs Indy, and then when he was returning punts and got injured in that same game you could tell our D got worse. Heck I blamed him for stuff too but he's one of our best defensive players, an emotional leader, and a smart player, and we need him back. He's our best DB.
This CB carousel is just as ridiculous as the KR or PR carousel.
I can't wait to see what Bly does if he gets an interception. Brown was awful against Green Bay, but he's the only DB on the team who can run. The next game should show if it's the coaching or the players.

Another sign McClouphan has no idea what he's doing, extending the contract of a CB that just got demoted. Add that to the signing of Jones, who hasn't seen the field all year, and Mcclouphan's had a reall good year huh? Good thing Crabtree fell in his lap or we'd have yet another DE or o-linemen stinking the place up. Has anyone had a Balmer sighting lately?
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Another sign McClouphan has no idea what he's doing, extending the contract of a CB that just got demoted. Add that to the signing of Jones, who hasn't seen the field all year, and Mcclouphan's had a reall good year huh? Good thing Crabtree fell in his lap or we'd have yet another DE or o-linemen stinking the place up. Has anyone had a Balmer sighting lately?

You have an interesting wayvof spinning and twisting the truth. I assume you are in advertising or local politics
Guys on this very board were swearing up and down T. Brown was the next big thing and Clements should be cut...

How long did T. Brown last? A few games. Now you see what you have without Clements...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 27, 2009 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by skibeerski:

You have an interesting wayvof spinning and twisting the truth. I assume you are in advertising or local politics

And just how am I spinning the truth? McCluophan signed Brown to a nice extension mid-way through the season and he was just demoted, signed Jones to a lucrative contract before the season and he hasn't played and Crabtree feel to them in the draft making the choice a "no-brainer" for McClouphan. Am I missig something? If I was a politician I'd be spinning what a great job the niners are doing while covering up the dirt.
It's a sad state of affairs when you are going back to a player who wasn't really your first choice.
We need a lot of players in a lot of spots this off-season.
Share 49ersWebzone