There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does 9-7 get us in the playoffs?

Does 9-7 get us in the playoffs?

• BobS
  • Veteran
Moot question, the chances of this 4-6 team finishing 5-1 or 6-0 is not likely.
If Arizona loses to Minny, Titans, Packers and most important to us then yes. That would leave em at 9-7 with us winning the tie breaker

I mentioned those teams because I don't see AZ losing to the Rams, Seahawks or Detroit
eh, im just looking for improvement. Playoffs would be a bonus. The team needs to find out who can play and who can't. I think the whole "we can make it" leads to less experimentation with younger players and more reliance on older ones who supposedly can get it done.

Now, i don't think sing would stick to this entirely but there is a possibility. he has gone to Brown and it hasn't worked so far and he's benched bruce.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Another one.

Yes it's mathematically possible. AZ could lose to TN, MN and us on MNF. They'll beat Detroit and St. Louis.

We can win the season out except for the philly game. That leaves us 9-7. If AZ loses at GB they're 9-7 and we're division champs. If they win they're 10-6 and we're not in the playoffs.

We have to clinch to make it. 9-7 won't get in as a wildcard in the NFC
No, but I think it saves coach Sings job.........
Sure it's possible, but it's also very unlikely.
Personally, I don't think that anyone who is marginally better than 50-50 belongs in any kind of a playoff even if it were possible.

But then again it would depend on the strength of the teams you were playing to begin with and who you've beaten.

If your winning record were to the teams like the Lions, Browns, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bucs, and the Bills ... then I wouldn't consider that as much of an accomplishment.

But if your won-loss records were against formidable opponents with WINNING records (other than the aforementioned), then that's a different story.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Personally, I don't think that anyone who is marginally better than 50-50 belongs in any kind of a playoff even if it were possible.

I agree. I would like to see some sort of seed system worked out for the playoffs. Division winners get a berth. Maybe the rest of the playoff spots determined by over-all record.
we won't finish 9-7. We will finish 8-8
honestly we have to go 6-0 the rest of the season, and the way we have played, our playcalling and our def, i say we finish 8-8 if we do well. If singletary can open his eyes and let Raye keep the playbook open to what Alex, Davis, and Crabtree like, then IDont see why we cant keep up with the teams offensively and out score the oposing teams, and if he can inspire this defense to play hard and fight, then I dont see why we CANT win out and we can finish 10-6, then it would be the story of the year.. Alex Smiths bright future in SF, Singletary turns it around, Crabtree wins OROY after missing 5 games, Davis exceeds 1000yds and 12tds, Gore has his 4th consecutive 1000yd season and passes double digit rushing TDs for first time in career.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
honestly we have to go 6-0 the rest of the season, and the way we have played, our playcalling and our def, i say we finish 8-8 if we do well. If singletary can open his eyes and let Raye keep the playbook open to what Alex, Davis, and Crabtree like, then IDont see why we cant keep up with the teams offensively and out score the oposing teams, and if he can inspire this defense to play hard and fight, then I dont see why we CANT win out and we can finish 10-6, then it would be the story of the year.. Alex Smiths bright future in SF, Singletary turns it around, Crabtree wins OROY after missing 5 games, Davis exceeds 1000yds and 12tds, Gore has his 4th consecutive 1000yd season and passes double digit rushing TDs for first time in career.

the only chance we have to win out the season would be if Singletary turned to the shotgun spreadcoast, and even then it is highly unlikely to happen
Maybe just cause our division is soo damn bad. Cards will probably have 10 or 11 wins though. We don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for BobS.
The dreamers in here never cease to amaze me, this team is 1-5 in it's last 6 games, that means it isn't very good and is most likely to barely finish 3-3 and end up matching last years 7-9, which also means it is not getting any better.
This question is like surreal, like a fantasy, like it aint gonna happen..

Quite day yeah?