There are 178 users in the forums

Who is the most disappointing defensive player this year?

Who is the most disappointing defensive player this year?

Originally posted by Gavintech:
P.S. Where is the option for Demetric Evans?

Nobody had any sort of high expectations for Demetric Evans.

I'm not quite sure why Nate got as many votes as he did. All I can remember is him having the one bad Atlanta game. We have sorely missed him since - especially in run support.

The vote goes to Haralson. I was duped into believing he would achieve 10 sacks.

-9fA
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

Lawson's actually been pretty good, he's not a killer passrusher and never will be but he is a very good overall OLB.
Alex Smith
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I never expected anything from Haralson to begin with, so I have to say Balmer.

there we go sounds like someone knows their football. Exactly! Balmer was our first pick! Ahead of Desean Jackson. He has not produce an ounce of anything. what a waste of a pick. Can you imagine Crabtree & DeSean??? Sick!
looking at the potential and all...y do i feel i'm leaning towards Manny Lawson...he was a 1st rounder and expectations were really high for this guy!!....i'm thinking this guy should b a James Harrison or Demarcus Ware for us by now...
Gotta say Haralson...I think just about everyone on this board thought he'd be double-digit sacks this year. Wow...were we wrong. If he was doing that, just think how much better our defense would be, to have a real pass-rushing threat. Well, he got his money and is playing mediocre football. Time to fix OLB...Manny's a better player, but he's not the pass rusher we need, either. Coach keeps saying Brooks and Briggs are coming on, but the reason he gives for them not playing more is they're still learning to set the edge. Well, based on recent performances, I'd say so are Lawson and Haralson. So, why not give them more PT?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:

there we go sounds like someone knows their football. Exactly! Balmer was our first pick! Ahead of Desean Jackson. He has not produce an ounce of anything. what a waste of a pick. Can you imagine Crabtree & DeSean??? Sick!

We could've had about 4 or 5 other WRs too besides Jackson. Instead, we got Balmer. I guess it doesn't matter much though, because if you can't block, it doesn't matter who your WRs are.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Balmer is not even a starter dude and Paris is and got a contract extension it should be unanimous.

He's a 1st round pick, I expect more. We chose this guy over DeSean, so he better be worth it.

Not his fault he was picked in the 1st. Fire McClueless!
  • Arnazbattle4life
  • Info N/A
In my opinion I'd say dashon goldson only cuz he had such high expectations from the zone and the staff sure he has had 2 picks , roman has one an argument can clearly be made if roman was in he would have the same amount ... I want goldson to be as good as we think he is but I just don't see it happening sure he is a ball hawk in practice but who wouldn't be If u see the same offensive plays everyday in practice ? ..... Maybe he will progress idk .... But clearly he has a long way to go

Taylor mays(answer)
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
How can anyone NOT pick Haralson here? He is by far the biggest disapointment on defense.

Also, anybody that was expecting Lawson to "break out" with 10+ sacks this year might pick him. However, if you were expecting Lawson to suddenly turn into a pass rusher you were just being a homer.

Also, I seem to remember a thread named "Balmer, this is your year" or something to that effect. The homer that started that thread might pick Balmer.

But other than those homers, I think it's a safe bet everyone will be picking Haralson

Did I say homer too many times here???

Homer, homer, homer, homer

I just voted the entire defensive squad seems how they have been horrible pretty much most of the season. They had a few good games but that is about it

Hmm....I don't know about that. I thought Spencer has played surprisingly well. Granted he hasn't been great week in week out, but you have to admit he's played better than anyone has expected.
Franklin is another guy that has done well, surprising most of the league with his play this season. We could be seeing the product of him playing for a big contract next season, but either way I think he's played above expectations.
I'd even say RayMac has surprised a little bit. After hearing that he had ANOTHER knee surgery before the season started, I figured he'd need most of the season to rehab. To my surprise, RayMac has been 1 of the Ds best pass rushers and often gets double teamed when he's in on passing downs.

I could name some other guys that have disappointed in one way or another. Obviously Clements and Goldson come to mind. Clements has been burned too many times and Goldson hasn't been the ballhawk we all wanted him to be. I already mentioned Haralson and Lawson. Lawson has played well against the run, but still isn't a legit pass rusher. Haralson has either regressed or teams are simply game planning for him, I'm not sure which. J Smith hasn't really disappointed by any means, but his sack #s aren't where they should be.
The rest of the D is playing right about where most people expected them to be or just a smidge below expectations.
The entire defense...I thought they would dominate....noooo
Originally posted by Arnazbattle4life:
In my opinion I'd say dashon goldson only cuz he had such high expectations from the zone and the staff sure he has had 2 picks , roman has one an argument can clearly be made if roman was in he would have the same amount ... I want goldson to be as good as we think he is but I just don't see it happening sure he is a ball hawk in practice but who wouldn't be If u see the same offensive plays everyday in practice ? ..... Maybe he will progress idk .... But clearly he has a long way to go

Taylor mays(answer)

Taylor Mays sucks.

But Nate shouldn't be on this poll. He only had one bad game against Roddy White.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM ]
hopefully we can replace pary through free agency or draft, you know someone like peppers or Suh( you never know carolina has tough teams down the stretch patriots,saints,pitt)
I say Manny Lawson. The dude was a first round pick and is now a veteran. He has not lived up to his standards. Obviously Balmer hasn't done much at all but he is still very young.

P.S. Thanks Mike Nolan! Good choice on passing Deshaun Jackson
What happened to justin smith he was ripping ppl new a*****es in the first few weeks. now he isn't so much.
Share 49erswebzone