There are 220 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will 49ers record of consecutive losing seasons continue?

Will 49ers record of consecutive losing seasons continue?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Be honest with yourselves.

With injuries piling up, with possibly the worst o-line in the league, with a defense that was overachieving and is now underachieving, a coaching staff that is the antethesis of aggression and still learning at that, how can anyone seriously tell me that this team is going to have a winning season?

I was a firm believer that this year would be a year of reckoning. I'm going to eat the crow and admit I was wrong. I will love this team till the end, but this is not the year.

I always knew the o-line was a weak spot, but once they started dropping like flies I knew we were done. And we do not have a defense that can withstand an offense that leads the league in three and outs.

The positives are that I believe we are closer to the playoffs than any other time in the last 7 seasons. We have good talent at skill positions, but the trenches need some more attention imo.

I share your sentiments exactly. We don't deserve to be a .500 team and we won't be at season-end. 7-9 just like I predicted at the beginning of the season. I love the players and talent on our team (except for our truly offensive line), but, as far as coaches go, "I want winners". I'm tired of the suits, the motivational speeches with no effect, the pants-dropping, and so on. I want coaches who can game plan. I want coaches who, Christ, just once in awhile call a play that makes you go, "Oh hell yeah! I didn't see THAT coming!!!". I want to win a meaningful game against a significant team. Alas, alas...
8-8.
it all depends on which offense they go with. they go spread all games are winnable, they go power running then they continue the losing seasons. o & injuries could be a factor too.
no doubt yes
Sucks, but I've lost hope. This has been one of the most disappointing seasons this decade.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Sucks, but I've lost hope. This has been one of the most disappointing seasons this decade.

i hope when you say this decade, you mean not making the playoffs and not about having crappy players cause you must not have seen the niners during the erickson era. that was the worst of the decade.
Absolutely...and this one's squarely on Singletary...can't blame Nolan now.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

i hope when you say this decade, you mean not making the playoffs and not about having crappy players cause you must not have seen the niners during the erickson era. that was the worst of the decade.

What? I said disappointing, not worst. I'd place '03 followed by '07 in terms of ranking disappointment before this one. I want to say '04 as well, but that team was completely dismantled so you knew they'd be awful.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM ]
Extremely unlikely. For that to happen we have to lose the remaining six games of this season. This ownership and senior management are very confident that our team couldn't lose all those games.