There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will 49ers record of consecutive losing seasons continue?

Will 49ers record of consecutive losing seasons continue?

Our team hasn't had a winning record since 2002. It has been way too long to get our team back to its winning ways. I believe that it is unacceptable for our team to continue to not even reach .500!!!!!

49ers season for past 3 years:

Win a couple in the beginning, Have a big losing streak in the middle, win a couple pointless games in the end and we think to ourselves" We finished strong. Next year will be our year!"
yes
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Yes
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Yes
Ask me at the end of the season

-edit- I'll answer at the end of the season. Pardon my rudeness
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM ]
undoubtedly
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Good grief people.

Assuming we lose to both AZ and Philly we can still beat Detroit, St. Louis, Jacksonville and Seattle.

The very worst I see us is 8-8. Personally I think we end up 9-7
I originally picked them to go 7-9 plus minus one game before the start of the season, and that looks like about where they're going to land. So I think the likely answer is yes with a remote possibility of an 8-8 season. 8-8 would be mediocre to be sure, but it's not a losing season.
last time I check 10-6 isn't a losing record
Originally posted by danimal:
undoubtedly
7-9 once again.

Losses to Jacksonville, Arizona and Philly, wins vs. Seattl, Detroit and St. Louis.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
7-9 once again.

Losses to Jacksonville, Arizona and Philly, wins vs. Seattl, Detroit and St. Louis.

But, we might beat Jacksonville...
Originally posted by znk916:
last time I check 10-6 isn't a losing record

last I checked I have a better chance of winning the lotto twice in a row.
Unfortunately, I think it will.
Be honest with yourselves.

With injuries piling up, with possibly the worst o-line in the league, with a defense that was overachieving and is now underachieving, a coaching staff that is the antethesis of aggression and still learning at that, how can anyone seriously tell me that this team is going to have a winning season?

I was a firm believer that this year would be a year of reckoning. I'm going to eat the crow and admit I was wrong. I will love this team till the end, but this is not the year.

I always knew the o-line was a weak spot, but once they started dropping like flies I knew we were done. And we do not have a defense that can withstand an offense that leads the league in three and outs.

The positives are that I believe we are closer to the playoffs than any other time in the last 7 seasons. We have good talent at skill positions, but the trenches need some more attention imo.