There are 224 users in the forums

No Groundbreaking Changes in Offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Article in Sf Gate

Interesting, we are 27th in total offense, and 19th in scoring. Yet Singletary doesn't see any reason to change things up. I guess we need to be over 2 scores behind before he goes to the spread. The guy might be a great motivational speaker, but his ability to learn on the job is really coming in to question. I am starting to lose faith in his ability to get this team to the next level.
[ Edited by BobS on Nov 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM ]
He smart.
it's f**king ridiculous.
I wonder if he regrets firing Martz? Probably not, because coaches have tremendous egos, but still....at least our offense moved the ball last year.
Originally posted by BobS:
Article in Sf Gate

Interesting, we are 27th in total offense, and 19th in scoring. Yet Singletary doesn't see any reason to change things up. I guess we need to be over 2 scores behind before he goes to the spread. The guy might be a great motivational speaker, but his ability to learn on the job is really coming in to question. I am starting to loose faith in his ability to get this team to the next level.

If he doesn't change s**t I'm done supporting his ass. WTF do we have to lose anymore? Do it to see how Smith does, if he still sucks then we can finally call him a bust, if he succeeds (which I hope he does) then he looks like a genius.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Mike Singletary = Mike Nolan
What do you guys think Singletary did against TEN? He allowed the offense to open it up, but oh wait, it wasn't in shotgun.

You know what, with Smith, there's going to be a lot of, "Oh wait, but this one more thing needs to be done..."
I agree that there needs to be some changes, but one can argue that puting Smith in as QB and the recent emergence of Crabtree is some change. Not to mention game time experience these 2 need together. But I mean, at this point of the season, what logical thing can we do? I say we clean up the OL first and foremost
Originally posted by Joecool:
What do you guys think Singletary did against TEN? He allowed the offense to open it up, but oh wait, it wasn't in shotgun.

You know what, with Smith, there's going to be a lot of, "Oh wait, but this one more thing needs to be done..."

Quiet, Troll.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it's f**king ridiculous.

This was my favorite part of the article:

Gore is a "hit-the-hole, downhill guy," Singletary said. "He's not a fidget-to-the-right-and-then-give-him-the-ball." Giving a brief demonstration, he pointed out that handoffs in the shotgun require a different kind of footwork than the standard exchange

You mean, the footwork is different if you are lined up as the RB behind the QB, instead of lining up next to him in the shotgun? THIS IS SHOCKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, next time Singletary can demonstrate the 8 guys in the box when the Niners line up in their standard, boring, non-creative, conventional set. Maybe, then the reporters can collectively line up as the defense, spread out when the Niners are in the spread offense, showing the holes that Gore can run through.

Smashmouth football! Fantastic!!!!!
Raye just needs to pull his head out of his ass and pass more early in the game, get a 2 score lead atleast if u want to pound the rock all day....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Really, get an early lead then pound the ball to your hearts content.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Really, get an early lead then pound the ball to your hearts content.

That makes to much sense
Originally posted by Squirrel:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Quiet, Troll.

Sorry, you can't silence the truth. We have very limited quarterback talent on the 49ers roster. We are going to talk about that. You are going to be annoyed a lot if you let that get under your skin.
Share 49ersWebzone