on the other hand Snyder played all 16
allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

Yikes. Snyder really stinks

i want him cut this season
Obviously, if people are calling for him to be a Pro-Bowler. lol
If Sims can play up to his production of 2009 and we can grab a good tackle at #13 in the draft then we only need another guard. Maybe pick #17. Then maybe Rache and Baas will get their a$$es in gear and start producing. Rachel looks like a mean sob and plays like a scared turkey.l
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
staley played 9 games last year
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

Presuming that you mean Snyder, I agree with you.

Snyder failed to hold down the RT spot last season, and the season before, failed to keep the LG spot. I think he's run out of options. Time to move on. IMHO.
For a starting NFL LT, Staley is average.

Can he raise his game to a Pro-Bowl level? Unlikely, but within the realm of possibility. A lot would have to do with the success of our team and QB. The Pro-Bowl is largely a popularity contest, and playing LT for the Niners is hard to gain national exposure.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
staley played 9 games last year
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

Presuming that you mean Snyder, I agree with you.

Snyder failed to hold down the RT spot last season, and the season before, failed to keep the LG spot. I think he's run out of options. Time to move on. IMHO.

Yeah although Snyder has decent versatility which may be enough to keep him on the team
He is an above average LT but nowhere near elite or dominant

Thread should have ended right there.
I actually liked Sims better than him last year i guess we will see!

NO
I think he is a bit overrated and he doesn't play with enough tenacity and anger let's face it he is a nice guy, and nice guys while talented usually don't finish first rather they finish inbetween which is where we stand with staley. He won't lose you games but he also has a cieling on his talent which he has most likely already met. So I think we should either shop a draftpick for a respectable tackle ala free agency, possible trade, or all of the above. We as fans deserve to see a resurgence to power much like in the mid nineties atleast, we have the team to do it we just need the leadership. That starts with the offensive line and if we have to move staley to right tackle than it is what it is. I know this post won't be popular but the popular thing isn't always the right thing.
No... He's a keeper
Originally posted by filthydogma:
I think he is a bit overrated and he doesn't play with enough tenacity and anger let's face it he is a nice guy, and nice guys while talented usually don't finish first rather they finish inbetween which is where we stand with staley. He won't lose you games but he also has a cieling on his talent which he has most likely already met. So I think we should either shop a draftpick for a respectable tackle ala free agency, possible trade, or all of the above. We as fans deserve to see a resurgence to power much like in the mid nineties atleast, we have the team to do it we just need the leadership. That starts with the offensive line and if we have to move staley to right tackle than it is what it is. I know this post won't be popular but the popular thing isn't always the right thing.

Curious, how do you know that he has already probably reached his ceiling? It's very early in the career of an O lineman for such a judgement to be made, and with the change of coaching, I think he will continue to improve.
Share 49ersWebzone