LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Watching his interview after Sunday's game was one of the more heartbreaking things I've seen watching this team
He looked defeated, tired, and stressed out about this current state of our franchise.

Would still be a fan of his if he requested a trade to move to a contender, dude deserves a ring. Sucks we couldn't give one of our all time great lineman a championship

this plus 1 hope Joe is not considering retirement after the last dissapointing years
Originally posted by saniner:
Watching his interview after Sunday's game was one of the more heartbreaking things I've seen watching this team
He looked defeated, tired, and stressed out about this current state of our franchise.

Would still be a fan of his if he requested a trade to move to a contender, dude deserves a ring. Sucks we couldn't give one of our all time great lineman a championship

I'd be OK moving him. He deserves better.

Move Brown to LT and sign Ricky Wagner to be RT.

Usually if you have an All-Pro LT, and a future All-Pro RT, and youre drafting a rookie QB, its a bad idea to trade one.

I get the whole "get something for him now and let him contend" idea, but not for an OL of his caliber. The OL is building block number 1, and a young QB NEEDS the best OL he can possibly get to prevent David Carr syndrome.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Usually if you have an All-Pro LT, and a future All-Pro RT, and youre drafting a rookie QB, its a bad idea to trade one.

I get the whole "get something for him now and let him contend" idea, but not for an OL of his caliber. The OL is building block number 1, and a young QB NEEDS the best OL he can possibly get to prevent David Carr syndrome.

Exactly. Load the roster up. Starts with FAs..get whatever can accompany the draft strengths and lego.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Exactly. Load the roster up. Starts with FAs..get whatever can accompany the draft strengths and lego.

Agree. A young QB could use a quality lineman like Staley. Don't think we can afford to be giving up quality players like Staley at this point, even if he is aging. Plus, usually with trades of this nature you get pennies on the dollar.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 5, 2017 at 12:04 AM ]
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Plus they get a front row seat to The Joe Show. Come and see him monkey around.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I wish they'd bring that back.
Love it.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I wish they'd bring that back.

They were saying it would come back during the tomsula era but it never did
They were saying it would come back during the tomsula era but it never did

Nobody wanted to monkey around after the way that offseason evolved.

My wife is going to be so happy. Joe's her #1 favorite and she just loves the Joe Show.
Originally posted by WINiner:

My wife is going to be so happy. Joe's her #1 favorite and she just loves the Joe Show.

He won't be interviewing Joe Mixon that's for damn sure lol.
https://twitter.com/49ers/status/873309014733475840

Share 49ersWebzone