There are 152 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the writing on the wall wasn't there before now it officially is. The tanking will continue N without one of our few cornerstones

Staley is on the trade block

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacbee.relaymedia.com/amp/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article110079307.html?client=ms-android-metropcs-us
Yup niners asking for a 1st round pick...they will get it too..sad if he goes..hes a true niner, class act..
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If the writing on the wall wasn't there before now it officially is. The tanking will continue N without one of our few cornerstones

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacbee.relaymedia.com/amp/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article110079307.html?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

Lets trade all of our decent players...It's clear Yorky doesn't think we've hit rock bottom yet.
If we're going to get a 1st for Staley, it better be from a mediocre team outside of our division.
No team is going to give a 1st round pick for a 33 year old player.
Originally posted by IT21:

This is what I was thinking. He turns 33 next August.

Please please please don't trade him for anything less, though.

More Trent delusions
Originally posted by jcs:

Lets trade all of our decent players...It's clear Yorky doesn't think we've hit rock bottom yet.

Messed up thing about this is even though he's 32 his motor hasn't stopped. He is still playing at a high level.

The problem we face if we do indeed receive a 1st for him N if Blockhead is still in charge he is just gonna gamble N pick one of his famous over the hill bust players. At least Joe is still legit.

I just pray Blockhead is gone if not now then at the end of the Season. I don't want him no where near our draft boards next Season.

Bradford was traded for a 1st, all it takes one desperate team thinking Staley can be a major upgrade and key to making a run. Only a playoff caliber team will trade for him being that he's turning 33
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Messed up thing about this is even though he's 32 his motor hasn't stopped. He is still playing at a high level.

The problem we face if we do indeed receive a 1st for him N if Blockhead is still in charge he is just gonna gamble N pick one of his famous over the hill bust players. At least Joe is still legit.

I just pray Blockhead is gone if not now then at the end of the Season. I don't want him no where near our draft boards next Season.

Get a 1st for him, draft a QB and watch him fail because we can't pass block for him....

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Bradford was traded for a 1st, all it takes one desperate team thinking Staley can be a major upgrade and key to making a run. Only a playoff caliber team will trade for him being that he's turning 33

He's under contract through 2019. If a team thinks he has a few years left and can help drastically now, it may be worth the price.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/23/joe-staley-is-available-too/
This isn't madden nobody is giving a first keep dreaming people
Originally posted by jcs:

Get a 1st for him, draft a QB and watch him fail because we can't pass block for him....

Santa Clara Browns
  • jcs
  • Veteran
"(Rebuilding) is a waste to guys like me," Staley said last week, "guys that are at the end of their career a little bit. We can't waste a year rebuilding. We've got to do everything we can to win football games this year."

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/17518/49ers-veteran-lt-joe-staley-has-no-time-for-rebuilding-projects

Joe is 32 years old and has been in this league for 10 seasons.

Is there a chance he looks at his current predicament and his contract and decides it's better to retire now with his health than to continue to sacrifice for a team that he will probably never see good on the field again?
Share 49ersWebzone