LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
On paper we do, but for strategic purposes, 21 additionally dressed players (I'm subtracting the punter, the kicker, and the long-snapper) is not enough. If you consider our back up runningbacks (3), back up receivers (5), back up defensive-backs (5), and back-up linebackers (4), that only allows us FOUR players to back up our offensive and defensive lineman.

Allow me to restate this, I wish the NFL allowed more players on a given roster so teams could have 1-backup per starting position that does not compromise a team's ability to run special strategic packages (e.g., Empty sets on offense or nickel/dime/quarter packages on defense).

should've been negotiated into the CBA a couple years back to up the roster limit to at least 60 players TBPH IMHO....

Truth.
  • dj43
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000273676/article/peyton-manning-jj-watt-head-2013-midseason-allpro-team

Interesting. No love.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Frank Gore should be. He gets no f**king love.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Eastcoastniner.
id say at the least frank and vernon deserve to be on that list
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
"midseason" all pros?

The only other Niner that should be on there IMO is Navorro Bowman in place of Daryl Washington. HTF do you make a midseason All-Pro team when you were suspended for the first 4 games?!!? Your greatest ability is...availability.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

not over Graham and Shady. But it's midseason and his list dont mean s**t.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:

i forgot about graham didnt even look at their list haha and shady is sick but frank leads the league in rushing tds and 3rd in yards id say its a toss up. and you are correct this doesnt mean anything but i feel we have more than one all pro...especially on defense
*6-2

• dj43
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The only other Niner that should be on there IMO is Navorro Bowman in place of Daryl Washington. HTF do you make a midseason All-Pro team when you were suspended for the first 4 games?!!? Your greatest ability is...availability.

Agree. Bowman is still playing the shadow of Willis. National writers don't see enough games to pick up that stuff.
what a joke. Daryl Washington missed 4 games, and he is an Midseason All Pro, but Bowman is like top 5 in tackles, and he is left off.
He's the only Niner according to a non-football coach, GM, scout or trainer. In other words he doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about. A stupid east coast biased media hack.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that list can blank my blank.
Originally posted by Amir:

i forgot about graham didnt even look at their list haha and shady is sick but frank leads the league in rushing tds and 3rd in yards id say its a toss up. and you are correct this doesnt mean anything but i feel we have more than one all pro...especially on defense

Jamaal Charles should be on there over McCoy. His team is 8–0 and he's a legitimate MVP candidate.
Share 49ersWebzone