3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

on the other hand Snyder played all 16
allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

Interesting, how does it stack up against other LTs?

-9fA

check it out.http://profootballfocus.com

[ Edited by SFCH3DDERZ on Apr 4, 2010 at 01:05:53 ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
staley played 9 games last year
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

-9fA

How many did he give up his rookie year at RT... The only thing that worries me about a Rookie RT for next year is that he wont actually be an improvement over Snyder for another year or so.

But I mean can you imagine if our RT had the same stats as Staley, there would be a Major improvement in production.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

Yikes. Snyder really stinks

that my friends is why we need a RT.

You said it man. Trent Williams FTW

DEEDN'T YOO GOIYS GAIT THE MAY-MO? ITZ ALECKS SMIT'S FOLT CUZ HE SOCKS, DOOD. OLL WEE NEEDE TO DOO EEZ GET TONOVAN MCKNABB ANDE AVERYTHEENG WEELL BE OWE-SUM!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

-9fA

How many did he give up his rookie year at RT... The only thing that worries me about a Rookie RT for next year is that he wont actually be an improvement over Snyder for another year or so.

But I mean can you imagine if our RT had the same stats as Staley, there would be a Major improvement in production.

Snyder allowed the most sacks for an OT last year. anything would be an improvement.
He's decent.
he's average at best his run blocking is poor not average but poor. His pass protection is great.
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

-9fA

check it out.http://profootballfocus.com

Cheers.

Judging purely from the rankings, Staley is really just average. Of course, the stats themselves are possibly a little subjective so this has to be taken into account.

-9fA
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

DEEDN'T YOO GOIYS GAIT THE MAY-MO? ITZ ALECKS SMIT'S FOLT CUZ HE SOCKS, DOOD. OLL WEE NEEDE TO DOO EEZ GET TONOVAN MCKNABB ANDE AVERYTHEENG WEELL BE OWE-SUM!

Originally posted by modninerfan:
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

-9fA

IIRC, Staley gave up 10 sacks as a rookie. I'm going strictly by memory but I remember the number being high. I also remember that a bunch of those sack were against Strahan.

And as somebody pointed out, considering that Snyder is the league leader in surrendering sacks after being in the league for so many years, anybody else may just be an improvement.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Apr 4, 2010 at 02:19:48 ]
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

Trent Williams is a run blocking LT. we need a pass blocking RT. he makes no sense for us.

Staley needs to get on that Alex Boone regimen... or hit the weights with VD... hell the whole team should... except the WRs, they need to have slender arms so they can catch the ball.
As a left tackle he above average, consider this though, as it was said he is a converted TE, not only that but his original position was RT. So what he has done is extraordinary.

We really do need a tackle, but this year I feel good cause Sims did a good job at LT when Staley was out. However if we get Williams, great it would be even better to get a left tackle and let Staley slide back to his more natural position.
I don't think he's overrated because I don't know of any people touting him as dominant or elite. I think he is above average. He's a very good pass protector (which is what you really need out of your LT), and his run blocking is probably a little below average.

He definitely has room to improve, and I think he will. I see a Pro Bowl or two in his future.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I don't think he's overrated because I don't know of any people touting him as dominant or elite. I think he is above average. He's a very good pass protector (which is what you really need out of your LT), and his run blocking is probably a little below average.

He definitely has room to improve, and I think he will. I see a Pro Bowl or two in his future.

This. Plus he is a young guy playing on a very poor (except Heitmann) line and has had, until now, what appears to be rather poor coaching. I expect him to improve quite a lot over the next year or so
I think he is above average, and would start on most teams in the NFL. While I still think he has some learning to do, we can comfortably say our LT is soldified for 5 or more years. Although, it kind of sucks since that only he and Heitmann are good caliber starts... We just need to draft, Oline, Oline, and more Oline....
Share 49ersWebzone