LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 405 users in the forums

General time to throw a ball

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let us get one thing straight, a QB should release the ball prior to or at the 3 second mark and most QBs do. I just rewatched the game and Rodgers had that ball out before 3 seconds on most of his completions.

Oldniner added it up and Smith gets quite a few of 2.8 seconds to throw a ball.

If you get MORE than 3 seconds, then you line is dominating. Most QBs get the ball out before 3 seconds hits.

Smith will get better but it's OK to admit that he's slow on his reads.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Let us get one thing straight, a QB should release the ball prior to or at the 3 second mark and most QBs do. I just rewatched the game and Rodgers had that ball out before 3 seconds on most of his completions.

If you get MORE than 3 seconds, then you line is dominating. Most QBs get the ball out before 3 seconds hits.

agreed. His is a little slow, but he is getting better
Originally posted by FourNine49:

agreed. His is a little slow, but he is getting better

the thing that's different about this alex and the alex 5 years ago is that you can tell he feels confident not only in his team, but himself. he went deep a bunch of times, he is developing a better pocket presence... i mean, i have to admit although our team really looks like s**t, i think that this is perfect for alex to develop. sucks it's 5 years later, but it's never too late if we can have him become a good QB. (i don't think he'll ever be great)
...Another Joecool biased hate on Alex thread...

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Did it take you more then 3 seconds to post that? You may be sacked, watch out!!!
[ Edited by Method on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:30 AM ]
I counted a bunch of times and a bunch of times there was only 1.5 seconds before he was getting hit, the ball was out, or he got sacked. There were a few times he got more than that but either you're hurrying your count or I don't know what game you watched. Unless you used a stop watch? and counted the ammount of time he had in the pocket on each play? and you want to post it here on the zone?
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Did it take you more then 3 seconds to post that? You may be sacked, watch out!!!

• smileyman
  • Info N/A

He's far better from the shotgun. I watched the game again last night tracking the timing of each play. He didn't have any more time in the shotgun than under center but he read plays better. Plus Raye was calling for deep strikes instead of the stupid 5 yard slants.

One interesting tidbit. Crabtree's 38 yard TD catch came on a 2 second play. Basically from the time the ball was snapped to the time it left Alex's hands was only 2 seconds.

I just don't get why we don't call more of those.
Originally posted by smileyman:

He's far better from the shotgun. I watched the game again last night tracking the timing of each play. He didn't have any more time in the shotgun than under center but he read plays better. Plus Raye was calling for deep strikes instead of the stupid 5 yard slants.

One interesting tidbit. Crabtree's 38 yard TD catch came on a 2 second play. Basically from the time the ball was snapped to the time it left Alex's hands was only 2 seconds.

singFRAUD...
lol people who watch the game over again pretending to act like they are watching game film so they can analyze...

thats cute.

I'm not sure which happens first: 3 seconds, or Morgan reaching five yards down the field.

Somebody wake me up when Morgan makes a play.
slow on his reads matched up with a slow ass, telegraphed release = fail.
Originally posted by smileyman:

I hope we call more of those too. Alex really looks much better from the shotgun.
I think Smiths problem is his long slow delivery. The guy looks like he is about to throw a 100 mph fastball the way he winds it way back.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I think Smiths problem is his long slow delivery. The guy looks like he is about to throw a 100 mph fastball the way he winds it way back.

agreed. Which is why he always has balls batted down by DL.
Share 49ersWebzone