LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Reggie Davis seems like a solid hire. An up and coming young coach who has played with and worked under Harbaugh and obviously is a big Mike Riley guy. A big break and step up for Davis getting a NFL position coaching job but I think he will basically be the assistant tight ends coach and Greg Roman will be calling the shots as tight end's coach.

Reggie Davis, 3rd black coach on the staff....Is everyone happy now?

I really don't like this hire. I think they could have done better.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Reggie Davis seems like a solid hire. An up and coming young coach who has played with and worked under Harbaugh and obviously is a big Mike Riley guy. A big break and step up for Davis getting a NFL position coaching job but I think he will basically be the assistant tight ends coach and Greg Roman will be calling the shots as tight end's coach.

In my opinion, Harbaugh should have hired Geep Chryst to be the TE, then found another QB coach.

In my opinion, Harbaugh should have hired Geep Chryst to be the TE, then found another QB coach.

Well I think basically Harbaugh will be the "real" QB's coach and Chryst will kind of be his right hand man on the side-line. Davis as a TE's coach was a bit of a reach but I think Roman is basically going to be in charge of Tight Ends anyway

I think this has a huge baring on how Harbaugh prefers his TEs to be coached up, other than just filling in an 'entry-level' type of 'guy'.

Living near Corvallis, OR (but being a Stanford guy) it's almost second nature that I hear/learn a lot from my OSU buddies (which of course lures me to a hefty amount of Beaver games). -And HC Mike Reilly, and Reggie Davis had Jacquizz Rodgers lining up at a handful of (multiple) positions/formations. -I watched Quizz play not only RB, but FB, TE, and WR during a span of two games.

Gotta read between the lines; almost every offensive assistant hired by Harbaugh thus far has (either) experience in coaching at multiple positions, or has coached one position to be able to adapt/play out of all dimensions of matchup strategy.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Feb 5, 2011 at 12:46:38 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I think this has a huge baring on how Harbaugh prefers his TEs to be coached up, other than just filling in an 'entry-level' type of 'guy'.

Living near Corvallis, OR (but being a Stanford guy) it's almost second nature that I hear/learn a lot from my OSU buddies (which of course lures me to a hefty amount of Beaver games). -And HC Mike Reilly, and Reggie Davis had Jacquizz Rodgers lining up at a handful of (multiple) positions/formations. -I watched Quizz play not only RB, but FB, TE, and WR during a span of two games.

Gotta read between the lines; almost every offensive assistant hired by Harbaugh thus far has (either) experience in coaching at multiple positions, or has coached one position to be able to adapt/play out of all dimensions of matchup strategy.

Great point(s). Also Davis is considered a good "coach" but is also talked about as a coach who relates really well to players and works with them on and off the field. In Harbaugh I trust!

Your obviously a racist.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Great point(s). Also Davis is considered a good "coach" but is also talked about as a coach who relates really well to players and works with them on and off the field. In Harbaugh I trust!

I guess my opinion is you get a bunch of guys that are really good at a focus area rather than a bunch of guys that are decent at a variety of areas.

Aside from Solari, I feel like the offensive staff is missing the savvy vet that Harbaugh can lean on as he himself develops.

SF_49ers

OC Greg Roman is the first #49ers coordinator to meet the media today http://plixi.com/p/77878554
SF_49ers

Roman told the media that he will be up in the booth during games
SF_49ers: Roman said that his offense at Stanford was a West Coast system with their terminology

SF_49ers

Fangio said his defense will be a 3-4 in terms of personnel but he'll do some things that may appear like a 4-3. #49ers

SF_49ers

#49ers DC Vic Fangio said he will also be up in the booth during games.
mattbarrows

Interesting: Asked about pass rushers on the roster, Vic Fangio talked about Ahmad Brooks before mentioning Parys Haralson.

Eric_Branch

How aggressive will Vic Fangio's 3-4 defense be? It depends: "You do what your players allow you to do," he said.
Eric Branch Eric_Branch

The punt returner? ST coach Brad Seely indicated there would be competition between Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Interesting: Asked about pass rushers on the roster, Vic Fangio talked about Ahmad Brooks before mentioning Parys Haralson.

Eric_Branch

How aggressive will Vic Fangio's 3-4 defense be? It depends: "You do what your players allow you to do," he said.

Of course he did. From a pure pass rush stand point, Brooks far exceeds Haralson in that dept. Haralson seems better at run D. I expect that a rook and Brooks will start.

Very exciting stuff, but we kinda knew this already about Fangio. Gives me goose bumps just knowing we will be like GB and Pitt, attacking the QB with wreckless abandon. I keep getting excited knowing that Fangio may get a new pass rushing toy to play with, like Von Miller or Robert Quinn.

Man, a Brooks--Willis--Bowman--Miller backer core seems pretty scary just on speed alone, they all look like interchangeable parts as I mentioned before.

Very exciting indeed! I used to wear #55 so it has a special place.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

SF_49ers

OC Greg Roman is the first #49ers coordinator to meet the media today http://plixi.com/p/77878554

LOL at Barrows sitting right next to Maiocco and Kawakami's bald ass head.
Share 49ersWebzone