There are 254 users in the forums

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN

The 49ers have hired former NFL wideout Bobby Engram as an offensive assistant, working primarily with WRs, according to a league source.

take that seattle, thats for hiring ken norton

Welcome to the Niners, you Seachicken.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Really impressed with how this staff is coming together.

its nice to see, not just a bunch of no names coming in and an added plus to take a player whos really popular in a div rival town for his play there.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN

The 49ers have hired former NFL wideout Bobby Engram as an offensive assistant, working primarily with WRs, according to a league source.

take that seattle, thats for hiring ken norton

I don't get it... why Engram and not Jerry? Has anyone from our staff even approached the GOAT to see if he would be interested?
Originally posted by zozell:
I don't get it... why Engram and not Jerry? Has anyone from our staff even approached the GOAT to see if he would be interested?

I love Jerry. He's my favorite player,but I don't honestly think any Wideout wants to run the hill these days. lol

Because Ingram is willing to put in the hours to be a coach. Not a lot of guys are willing to do that even if they are capable of teaching the position. It has to be a total commitment.
Bobby Engram is a 49er.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81df8c40/article/engram-joins-49ers-coaching-staff-under-harbaugh

thoughts?

edit: DAMN someone beat me

[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Jan 28, 2011 at 14:24:26 ]
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Bobby Engram is a 49er.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81df8c40/article/engram-joins-49ers-coaching-staff-under-harbaugh

thoughts?

LOL late to the show buddy

Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Bobby Engram is a 49er.

thoughts?

I read this and I assume... as a player?!!!!!?. Laughable.....well yeah but these are the Niners were talking about....its a plausible first reaction

Because Jerry has never pushed to be a coach and is humble enough to be content with being the greatest player of all time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:

Because Jerry has never pushed to be a coach and is humble enough to be content with being the greatest player of all time.

Its not every ones dream to be coach.
The offensive coaching core still needed an assistant (almost a liaison) with a strong (3rd person) wealth of knowledge in WCO 'route-trees', to virtually coach up all the receiving/duel-threats on the roster (Engram fits the bill).

Our offensive/defensive staff has not had this much infrastructure, depth, and philosophical variety since Bill Walsh. (It's like the Seifert & Rhodes 'effect' on the early 80s; you have both technical, and sandlot methodologies clashing with one-another.)
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The offensive coaching core still needed an assistant (almost a liaison) with a strong (3rd person) wealth of knowledge in WCO 'route-trees', to virtually coach up all the receiving/duel-threats on the roster (Engram fits the bill).

Our offensive/defensive staff has not had this much infrastructure, depth, and philosophical variety since Bill Walsh. (It's like the Seifert & Rhodes 'effect' on the early 80s; you have both technical, and sandlot methodologies clashing with one-another.)

Share 49ersWebzone