TE: Greg Roman/Ray Brown
RB: Tom Rathman
WR: John Morton

DC: Vic Fangio
DL: Jim Tomsula
LB: Jim Leavitt
DB: Ed Donnatel

ST: Brad Seely

. . . one hell of a make over. Now let's work on the roster.

I'm jacked.

Real solid coaching staff
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Ejiro Evero

Two black coaches on the staff. Is everyone happy now?

No still want a green man on staff... We need Aliens!

Precisely.

A place kicker coach from the Czech Republic is required, according to NFL diversity guidelines.

Who cares?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Seely is by far the most impressive hire. I still can't believe how the Browns let him go. He brings quite a strong track record. I'm excited to see the special teams unit.

-9fA

Holmgren is getting blasted by many Browns supporters for cannibalizing the coaching staff and especially for allowing Seely to leave. ST was one of the few bright aspects of the team.
The pressure on the players has increased dramatically. It will be more difficult to claim poor coaching is the major factor for them to play without discipline and direction. Our head coach seemed to lose track of the clock as well as the number of time outs.

Jim will have someone count the number of players on the field - that will be refreshing. How many times did we receive penalties for having too many players on the field. No excuse for that.
I think this staff has been very well put together. Btw, it looks like Ray Brown has decided to take a job as the Assistant O-line coach with the Carolina Panthers. I wish him the very best.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think this staff has been very well put together. Btw, it looks like Ray Brown has decided to take a job as the Assistant O-line coach with the Carolina Panthers. I wish him the very best.

Yup . . . good move for Ray.

So as of today, your 2011 Niner coaching staff:

HC: Jim Harbaugh
ST: Brad Seely (Assistant HC)
OC/TE: Greg Roman
QB: Geep Chryst
OL: Mike Solari/Tim Drevno

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

It's ED DONATELL. 1 N and 2 L's!
Looks like Jason Tarver will be the new DC at Stanford

im drawing a blank on this guy
Originally posted by jreff22:

link

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by jreff22:

link

looks like Gruden
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Now we need some new players for them to coach.....
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Seely is by far the most impressive hire. I still can't believe how the Browns let him go. He brings quite a strong track record. I'm excited to see the special teams unit.

-9fA

Holmgren is getting blasted by many Browns supporters for cannibalizing the coaching staff and especially for allowing Seely to leave. ST was one of the few bright aspects of the team.

Manusky lateraled to SD (which many fans are glad he left, I'm 50/50 with that move), R. Brown lateraled to Carolina (I don't know why he'd leave unless he wasn't happy with all the coaching changes). Niners were willing to let some staff go to lateral positions elsewhere, too...some made sense while others don't.

But hey, Seely going to us was a blessing, I can't complain. Now, if he could get the most out of Ginn and anyone else for better field position, I'll be happy.
Yep, Harbaugh has put together quite a staff...so I think we can look forward to seeing a similar process WRT player evaluations. We know there are some guys Harbaugh won't keep...and as he said in his initial press conference/media Q&A session, where positions need upgrading, he'll do it. It's so nice to finally have folks in charge (both Harbaugh and Baalke) who have a clear vision of where the team needs to go and how to get there. They've got the coaching staff now...next comes the players...it should be very interesting.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Ex-NFL wide receiver Reggie Barlow, currently head coach at Alabama State, is on Jim Harbaugh's radar for spot on 49ers staff, source says.
Share 49ersWebzone