LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Any idea who our Special Teams coach might be?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Any idea who our Special Teams coach might be?

Bill Polian's son.
Quote:
bydavidwhite
Dc Vic Fangio was at the 49ers facility late last night but has yet to accept any job offer, according to two team sources.

http://twitter.com/#!/bydavidwhite/status/25967536432484352

Quote:
MaioccoCSN
Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio shouldn't be too far behind Greg Roman in making the Stanford-to-49ers move.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/25963855444185088
Manusky official gone now...

"Norv Turner selects Greg Manusky to be the Chargers' new defensive coordinator."

http://twitter.com/#!/ChargersPRguy
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by mayo49:
When the heck is Fangio going to sign?

He's deciding between Dallas and the 49ers..

Dallas is going to hire Ryan. So I would say it's down to the 49ers and more money.
Originally posted by fakers23:
Manusky official gone now...

"Norv Turner selects Greg Manusky to be the Chargers' new defensive coordinator."

http://twitter.com/#!/ChargersPRguy

He will get Alex Smith next!
MaioccoCSN Source: 49ers also land former Stanford coaches Vic Fangio (defensive coordinator) and Tim Drevno (probably TEs coach).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
MaioccoCSN Source: 49ers also land former Stanford coaches Vic Fangio (defensive coordinator) and Tim Drevno (probably TEs coach).

As expected
not a huge fan of fangio but w.e. he really didn't produce any good D's in the NFL

Drevno's exact title with the 49ers is not known. Mike Solari is expected to return as 49ers offensive line coach, so Drevno might assist Solari with those duties, as well as work with the team's tight ends.

Read more: Source: 49ers hire Fangio as defensive coordinator
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Drevno's exact title with the 49ers is not known. Mike Solari is expected to return as 49ers offensive line coach, so Drevno might assist Solari with those duties, as well as work with the team's tight ends.

Read more: Source: 49ers hire Fangio as defensive coordinator
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

what about Rathman and Tomsula ????
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by susweel:
My friend's gf is the niece of Tim Drevno. This is the "insider info" I was just emailed.

"Got the scoop. Tim is going to the niners as the OL Coach. That likely means Greg Roman is the official OC. Harbaugh is going to call offensive plays himself but Roman and Drevno share running plays scheming and calls."

Does that mean Solari is out.

The weird thing is literally two minutes after I got that email, Jason LaCanfora said on NFL Network that we would probably keep Mike Solari. We can't both be right, but LaCanfora hasn't been right about us lately... we'll see... I trust my source.

Well, LaCanfora was reporting Harbaugh was going to Michigan,then the Dolphins, then he was gonna stay at Stanford, and finally the 49ers.

Well I was right on the first part... let's see what happens with Drevno

Looks like I was right... although its not official what Drevno's role will be. My source said he was going to coach the OL, though it might be as an assistant in addition to the TEs
bydavidwhite League source: Ed Donatell will coach the secondary for the 49ers. He was DC in Atlanta (2004-06) and Green Bay (2000-03).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by crabman82:
bydavidwhite League source: Ed Donatell will coach the secondary for the 49ers. He was DC in Atlanta (2004-06) and Green Bay (2000-03).

good, we got some experience in the coaching staff
Share 49ersWebzone