There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
My friend's gf is the niece of Tim Drevno. This is the "insider info" I was just emailed.

"Got the scoop. Tim is going to the niners as the OL Coach. That likely means Greg Roman is the official OC. Harbaugh is going to call offensive plays himself but Roman and Drevno share running plays scheming and calls."

Counting on you, aman.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
My friend's gf is the niece of Tim Drevno. This is the "insider info" I was just emailed.

"Got the scoop. Tim is going to the niners as the OL Coach. That likely means Greg Roman is the official OC. Harbaugh is going to call offensive plays himself but Roman and Drevno share running plays scheming and calls."

I would rater Harbaugh have a more experienced OC calling the plays for his first year in the NFL but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Does that mean Solari is out.
Originally posted by susweel:

The weird thing is literally two minutes after I got that email, Jason LaCanfora said on NFL Network that we would probably keep Mike Solari. We can't both be right, but LaCanfora hasn't been right about us lately... we'll see... I trust my source.

The weird thing is literally two minutes after I got that email, Jason LaCanfora said on NFL Network that we would probably keep Mike Solari. We can't both be right, but LaCanfora hasn't been right about us lately... we'll see... I trust my source.

aman49 vs LaConfora

your reputation is on the line
Let me get this straight, the 49ers are pretty much taking the entire Stanford coaching staff?

aman49 vs LaConfora

Well, back in 2005 I heard from a source that Alex Smith thought his QB coach was completely unqualified to hold his position and didn't understand basic football concepts.

That QB coach? Jim Hostler.

I've been right before...

aman49 vs LaConfora

if you are wrong you must be banned
Originally posted by valrod33:

aman49 vs LaConfora

if you are wrong you must be banned

and be publicly flogged by the mods.

aman49 vs LaConfora

Well, back in 2005 I heard from a source that Alex Smith thought his QB coach was completely unqualified to hold his position and didn't understand basic football concepts.

You both might be partially right. Devno had been previously rumored to be coming, but probably as TE coach.
Originally posted by Jcool:

I would rater Harbaugh have a more experienced OC calling the plays for his first year in the NFL but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Harbaugh will be calling most of the plays from what I understand (which is very little).
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

aman49 vs LaConfora

You both might be partially right. Devno had been previously rumored to be coming, but probably as TE coach.

Yeah if we are definitely hiring both of them I would prefer

Greg Roman (OC)
Tim Drevno (TE)
Solari/Brown (OL)
Did you hear? Vance Joseph will no longer be coaching the secondary!

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da8b0f/article/texans-reportedly-hire-49ers-joseph-to-coach-secondary

Well, LaCanfora was reporting Harbaugh was going to Michigan,then the Dolphins, then he was gonna stay at Stanford, and finally the 49ers.
]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Did you hear? Vance Joseph will no longer be coaching the secondary!

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da8b0f/article/texans-reportedly-hire-49ers-joseph-to-coach-secondary