RT @ScottReissCSN Vic fangio and greg roman will not return to #gostanford
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows mattbarrows

i guess that means they're ours
Matt Barrows mattbarrows

That sounds like it is a done deal and we have our new OC and DC.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows mattbarrows

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Matt Barrows mattbarrows

That sounds like it is a done deal and we have our new OC and DC.

The fact that we are allowing Manusky to interview for DC positions (horizontal move) absolutely means he ain't coming back.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Matt Barrows mattbarrows

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theginz2004:
I would much rather have:

Bill Callahan (OC)
Greg Roman (TE)
Rob Ryan (DC)

than

Greg Roman (OC)
Fangio (DC)

That'd be sick.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
I would much rather have:

Bill Callahan (OC)
Greg Roman (TE)
Rob Ryan (DC)

than

Greg Roman (OC)
Fangio (DC)

That'd be sick.

Based on those recent reports I highly doubt this will happen and the second scenario is likely. One can wish.
why are people discussing rob ryan?

he isn't on the market, the browns aren't stupid, he'll stay on as DC.

also, the power based WCO that is being discussed here that harbaugh will run....it's going to be very similar to what steve mariucci ran. that is what mariucci did
Originally posted by iLL49er:

also, the power based WCO that is being discussed here that harbaugh will run....it's going to be very similar to what steve mariucci ran. that is what mariucci did

New report from cleveland

Quote:
The Browns are not expected to retain DC Rob Ryan after hiring Pat Shurmur as head coach.

Per the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Ryan has been "out of the mix and out of the office despite being under contract." Unless Shurmur has someone specific in mind to run his defense, he'd do well to convince Ryan to stay. Former Bears and Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt has been mentioned as a candidate to replace Ryan.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2620

Originally posted by iLL49er:

Mooch didn't really use the Tight End as much as he could have.
My friend's gf is the niece of Tim Drevno. This is the "insider info" I was just emailed.

"Got the scoop. Tim is going to the niners as the OL Coach. That likely means Greg Roman is the official OC. Harbaugh is going to call offensive plays himself but Roman and Drevno share running plays scheming and calls."
[ Edited by aman49 on Jan 13, 2011 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by aman49:
My friend's gf is the niece of Tim Drevno. This is the "insider info" I was just emailed.

"Got the scoop. Tim is going to the niners as the OL Coach. That likely means Greg Roman is the official OC. Harbaugh is going to call offensive plays himself but Roman and Drevno share running plays scheming and calls."

Is Drevno a good OL coach? Isn't Solari highly regarded?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Counting on you, aman.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

I would rater Harbaugh have a more experienced OC calling the plays for his first year in the NFL but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Share 49ersWebzone