LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49ersrock75:
Stanford has hired Shaw. How long will it take for us to hire Roman and Fangio? Today or tomorrow is my guess.

Maiocco said that if Shaw got the job. Fangio and Roman would stay at Stanford.

Where did he say that? He just said Roman was the frontrunner for 49ers OC.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Stanford has hired Shaw. How long will it take for us to hire Roman and Fangio? Today or tomorrow is my guess.

i don't feel like searching for it, but I might be wrong.

That's cool. I would say we will know one way or another pretty quick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That's cool. I would say we will know one way or another pretty quick.

Agree.
They should take a look at Rob Ryan for DC.
Quote:

AdamSchefter
RT @TonyGrossi: Browns DC Rob Ryan does not appear to be staying. Been out of the mix and out of the office despite being under contract.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
They should take a look at Rob Ryan for DC.
Quote:

AdamSchefter
RT @TonyGrossi: Browns DC Rob Ryan does not appear to be staying. Been out of the mix and out of the office despite being under contract.

Yeah I posted that the other night. THe guy did one heck of a job in Cleveland especially when you consider the personnel he had.
This what Mayo was talking about.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/

Came from Matt Barrows not Maiocco and he only says thier a chance Stanford retains them..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fakers23:
This what Mayo was talking about.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/

Came from Matt Barrows not Maiocco and he only says thier a chance Stanford retains them..

Thanks, fakers. That exactly where I read it.

Edit: Actually that is not where I read it. It was a couple of days ago and it definely was MM. But, that does confirm that it might be a possiblity they might stay at Stanford.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I agree . . . he's never been an offensive coordinator at any level. I've heard his name mentioned as an OL coach, but not OC for the Niners.

With Shaw being hired as HC at Stanford I'd like to keep Solari at OL coach and hire Roman for TE's, which he's done before in the NFL.

Precisely!!!!!!
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
I agree . . . he's never been an offensive coordinator at any level. I've heard his name mentioned as an OL coach, but not OC for the Niners.

With Shaw being hired as HC at Stanford I'd like to keep Solari at OL coach and hire Roman for TE's, which he's done before in the NFL.

When asked about the coordinator position in his press conference he said "all of the offensive coaches contribute to game planning." And followed that with "if I'm the best guy at running the offense then I'll be the one doing it during the games."

I can see that... But for this guy to run the Off. Nah!

Who cares who the OC is? Harbaugh is in charge. He could probably make me look good as an OC.

You could ask Josh McDaniels how that works. Yet everybody still thinks we should hire him as OC.

Confusing.
I'm still holding out hope for Bill Callahan as OC. I think his style would compliment Coach Harbaugh perfectly (power based WCO).

The two of them collaborating at game time would be nothing short of awesome to watch.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

When asked about the coordinator position in his press conference he said "all of the offensive coaches contribute to game planning." And followed that with "if I'm the best guy at running the offense then I'll be the one doing it during the games."

I can see that... But for this guy to run the Off. Nah!

Harbaugh has already mentioned that he would be the primary signal caller. In case you missed my last post about Roman.

"If you were impressed with Stanford’s run/pass balance, with its use of tight ends, its endless array of formations, its protection schemes and overall creativity, everything about the offense, really — well, that was Roman.

Harbaugh kept Stanford’s play-calling method a closely-guarded secret, and it sure looked like he was in charge because Harbaugh signaled in the plays from the sideline.

But Roman was, more than anyone else, the brains behind the operation."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2011/01/13/stanford-football-updating-the-coaching-search-perhaps-for-the-last-time/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Stanford officially hires David Shaw, and now Jim Harbaugh can act on filling major parts of his 49ers coaching staff. http://bit.ly/gtjd1J
I would much rather have:

Bill Callahan (OC)
Greg Roman (TE)
Rob Ryan (DC)

than

Greg Roman (OC)
Fangio (DC)
Share 49ersWebzone