LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I wouldnt' mind Manusky and Johnson back as the DC and OC. They weren't the problem. With Harbaugh at the controls and more of an offensive guy, I'm sure he'll let Johnson loose and at the same time put his stamp. Manusky did a pretty good job. Don't blame the defense for the season.

I want new coaching at the 3 main positions---head coach, OC, DC

Vic Fangio is pretty much a lock to be the defensive coordinator

Fangio has been Dom Capers hand picked DC both times he was a HC. Thats good enough for me.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
David Shaw - OC (Harbaugh's brain)
Vic Fangio - DC (current DC at Stanford)
Tom Cable - OL coach (power running game done right)
Tom Rathman - RB (keep Woody!)

Sounds about right!

Only thing that worries me about anyone on the Singletary staff is if Manusky gets the HC spot in Carolina. He'll likely offer most of them positions.

I thought about that too.... Finding a way to incorporate Cable would be very interesting.... Though I like the Solari/Brown tandem at the OL coaching spot.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Sounds about right!

Only thing that worries me about anyone on the Singletary staff is if Manusky gets the HC spot in Carolina. He'll likely offer most of them positions.

Good point, but.....

Only a few we want anyway.
Rathman? Strong ties to the 9ers and the Bay Area.
Tomsula? Got a hunch the 1 game interim coach will stick if a position is offered.

Solari could go either way. No clue if Ray Brown developed any loyalty to either Singletary or Solari. He may stay or go. But it's tough to determine how good either of these guys really did this year with the two rookies, season long injury to starting center, and Chilo's inconsistant performances, which could be his fault or that the Coaches weren't doing very good. May not be much of a loss if they both leave.

M. Johnson? Don't know, don't care. Was he viewed as being the "rat"? Didn't do much to stand out, but did open up the offense a bit, but still being held back by Singletary. Tough to say what he'd do under Harbaugh, but don't think he's a true WCO OC.

None of the other coaches seem to be worth worrying about. Strength/conditioning coaches are all over the place. Wide receivers looked like they were uncoached. Our Special teams sucked, so no loss there.

Can't think of anybody I'd miss too much.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110108_49ers_likely_to_name_vic_fangio_defensive_coordinator
What about Jim Zorn as an OC/QB's coach type? Knows the WCO really well as he worked under Holmgren for 8 years. Harbaugh would still call plays but Zorn would help out.

Just throwing it out there. I like Darrell Bevell and Mike McCoy as a QB's/OC candidate.

[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Jan 8, 2011 at 11:40:02 ]
ESPN reporting Stanford is looking in house for next HC. They are expected to interview Shaw, Roman and Fangio
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
ESPN reporting Stanford is looking in house for next HC. They are expected to interview Shaw, Roman and Fangio

Its all good.

I bet you they stick with Shaw to keep Luck happy.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I really want Vic Fangio.

After that... they can hire whoever they want. I'll trust them.

As far as speculation? Callahan as offensive coordinator makes sense and has been rumored as a candidate for the role if/when Jim moved up to the NFL. Any and all offensive line help we can get is a plus in my book.

I would like them to keep Tomsula and Rathman, but I won't be upset if they don't. It makes sense for them to stay... I can't see a reason why they wouldn't.

This has all been covered already, just mostly wanted to say I'm pulling for Fangio... for all the reasons that have been covered already.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I really want Vic Fangio.

After that... they can hire whoever they want. I'll trust them.

As far as speculation? Callahan as offensive coordinator makes sense and has been rumored as a candidate for the role if/when Jim moved up to the NFL. Any and all offensive line help we can get is a plus in my book.

I would like them to keep Tomsula and Rathman, but I won't be upset if they don't. It makes sense for them to stay... I can't see a reason why they wouldn't.

This has all been covered already, just mostly wanted to say I'm pulling for Fangio... for all the reasons that have been covered already.

yea i want Fangio too. And if by somehow by the grace of the football gods, Callahan does come here i would wet myself. i think rathman will stay, 9er ties and all. Tomsula is up in the air to me, if Manusky gets the Panthers job i can see him trying to take Tomsula to put on his staff.

solari i think will stay because he learned to develop lineman for the WCO from the best
Fangio is gonna be the DC I am pretty sure and it will be awesome because he is a capers disciple
I dont think we will get shaw. I think he is gonna stay at stanford.
I do believe we will get greg roman though as the tight end coach and mabye an assitant head coach.
I have no clue about any other postional coaches on the stanford staff
i think a good pick up as a coordinator would be callahan
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Its all good.

I bet you they stick with Shaw to keep Luck happy.

What I heard on twitter is they're looking at Boise st's chris peterson and Roman is interviewing to become the HC of the Pitt panthers.
Potential Linebackers coach

http://www.panthers.com/team/coaches/richard-smith/bd3ee359-1c42-4f28-bd58-05ff664fb770
Stanford looking in-house for HC

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6002373
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Potential Linebackers coach

http://www.panthers.com/team/coaches/richard-smith/bd3ee359-1c42-4f28-bd58-05ff664fb770

Look for guys Harbaugh has relationships with... Just because they coached here once ,before Harbaugh or Jed were in power, doesn't mean they are being looked at for positions here.

[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 8, 2011 at 14:04:21 ]
Share 49ersWebzone