There are 165 users in the forums

Do we keep Sing and J. Ray or go after Holmgren and/or Shanahan

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we keep Sing and J. Ray or go after Holmgren and/or Shanahan

I will say this once, and then leave the thread:

Mike Holmgren is a rotten GM. Horrid. Awful. Donahue-esque. Holmgren's personnel decisions while in Seattle were so frequently abhorrent that it would be criminal to mention only one of them...but here is the worst: he actually signed Jeff George as a backup QB. If that doesn't cinch it for you, I don't know what will. He can't evaluate talent like Walsh. He was a really good offensive coordinator, and a pretty good coach...but as an exec, he is the sh*ts.

Shanahan? Really? Quick footnote the the "hire Shanny" crowd...He was a great offensive coordinator....but he couldn't win sh*t after Elway retired and Terrel Davis' injuries caught up with him. Take away his stars, and you take away his wins.

Guys...do you really want ot start this sh*t all over again next season? Really? Stop the f*cking madness, and understand that our defense is as big a problem as our offense right now. Why don't we see how the team finishes out before we start talking about who our next new coach is?
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Bills**t!
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

Mike Holmgren is a rotten GM. Horrid. Awful. Donahue-esque. Holmgren's personnel decisions while in Seattle were so frequently abhorrent that it would be criminal to mention only one of them...but here is the worst: he actually signed Jeff George as a backup QB. If that doesn't cinch it for you, I don't know what will. He can't evaluate talent like Walsh. He was a really good offensive coordinator, and a pretty good coach...but as an exec, he is the sh*ts.

Shanahan? Really? Quick footnote the the "hire Shanny" crowd...He was a great offensive coordinator....but he couldn't win sh*t after Elway retired and Terrel Davis' injuries caught up with him. Take away his stars, and you take away his wins.

Guys...do you really want ot start this sh*t all over again next season? Really? Stop the f*cking madness, and understand that our defense is as big a problem as our offense right now. Why don't we see how the team finishes out before we start talking about who our next new coach is?

later
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Keep Sing and FIRE RAYE! get a dope ass OC
Get Shanahan into SF pleassseee... I think he can work with and will be very good for A. Smith,Crabtree, Davis and Morgan. Oh, and Gore too. The O-line is a guard and a tackle away from respectable. There's alot here on offense for him to work with. Top 5 offense.

And he's a Mike so we will still have consistency
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Bills**t!

If you really think we have chance, cause the Bills are talking about him!
Bills**t!

I think having TO on the team killed whatever interest Mike might have for the Bills. SF has much better weather and easier division opponents
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Bills**t!

I think having TO on the team killed whatever interest Mike might have for the Bills. SF has much better weather and easier division opponents

The Bills are management appears interested in Shanahan, this story broke today!

Bills**t!

The Bills are management appears interested in Shanahan, this story broke today!

What I'm saying is even if Shanahan is interested in the Bill at the moment. He would be crazy to take over in the middle of the season. So that put him at the end of the season when other options might come up, which in turn give him more leverage for a bigger payday. Like the Niners calling him up to return to his faithful.

Make it happen Jed!
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM ]

Totally agree. Well put. Shanahan's crowning achievements in the past decade were the development of Jay Cutler and the very worst D in the whole NFL. And don't try to tell me that Jay Cutler is a great QB, as someone did last time this topic came up.
Bills**t!

What I'm saying is even if Shanahan is interested in the Bill at the moment. He would be crazy to take over in the middle of the season. So that put him at the end of the season when other options might come up, which in turn give him more leverage for a bigger payday. Like the Niners calling him up to return to his faithful.

Make it happen Jed!

I like your sunny optimism!

Things have been so dark for the niners for so long I get the feeling any light at the end of the tunnel, is an oncoming train!
Originally posted by crzy:

I like the cut of your jibb
Bills**t!

Make it happen Jed!

I like your sunny optimism!

Things have been so dark for the niners for so long I get the feeling any light at the end of the tunnel, is an oncoming train!

Nah, no worries, that might just be the Singletary train leaving the station He's a good guy and respectable but I want the Offense back in football in SF. I can take the 4 TD to 1INT ratio from Shanny. It's much better to watch the game than what offense we have now.
Share 49ersWebzone