There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we keep Sing and J. Ray or go after Holmgren and/or Shanahan

Do we keep Sing and J. Ray or go after Holmgren and/or Shanahan

• ldussan
  • Info N/A
It's real simple basically I'm asking how do you feel today about our coaching staff.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ldussan:
It's real simple basically I'm asking how do you feel today about our coaching staff.

This is a no brainer... why would we keep sing and raye for another year? Apparently, so we can say that we had continuity while we sucked. That's freaking ridiculous. There are clearly better options out there, so it's time to stop jerking around.

Kinda reminds me... I told my broad something along these lines yesterday. We have been together a week now and I was like, "Listen, I'm not going to keep banging you just for a steady piece. There are clearly better options out there right now for me. I'll let you bring me home for Thanksgiving to meet the parents, but if you don't get your act together, I'm moving on."

You have to know when to cut the ties.
Hire Holmgren as GM and keep Sing as coach, as far as Jimmy is concerned, let Holmgren decide what the right thing to do with him is.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
We need stability. Keep Raye and Singletary.

Acquire more talent, particularly along the offensive line, and we can compete for our division again next year.
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
i would be happy if we at least get holmgren in the front office as a top executive.
Originally posted by Chief:
Hire Holmgren as GM and keep Sing as coach, as far as Jimmy is concerned, let Holmgren decide what the right thing to do with him is.

THIS! Singletary isn't going anywhere for at least the next year, so you all might as well get used to it. But from all the articles I've read, Holmgren is interested in obtaining a FRONT Office position and the GM would be a nice place for him.

Besides, Holmgren knows how to develop QB's and if he's here as the GM, he could perhaps at least give his input.

As far as an OC is concerned, they really need someone who HAS NFL EXPERIENCE in the passing game since it's beginning to look like the team is geared more for a passing attack. So if Turner is available (inspite of Singletary's dedication to Jimmy Raye), if I were Jed York ... I would grab him. Othewise, let Holmgren decide what to do with the OC position.

The other available Head Coaches i.e. Shanahan, Cowher ...etc are NOT going to be interested in the OC position.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM ]
Shanahan!! Get a real offense going here
  • flow
  • Veteran
  • ZRF80
Interesting. I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, and the majority of the zone opted for another year of sing/raye. I guess patience is running out with the run,run,pass,punt offense......
The main problem with the niners is the coaching is really bad. The design of plays and the sheer bad decisions and poor game planning plus the poor preparations shows a coach who knows nothing but how to lose. The chances of him becoming a great coach is minimal. if he can't show the attributes to be a great coach by now, he won't ever show it. He could learn but then he would have to change his personality and stress learning and learn twenty years of skills. Singletary would make a great Drill instructor corporal but anything more complex would stone him. I do not think he is capable though he may be a decent guy. You are looking at a career follower and not a leader who can lead. He has to be told what to do.
those r our ROOTS!...it b NICE!
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
We need posters who can spell the names of our coaches and players.
"We" ??

Is that you Jed York?