LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

3rd and Inches Challenge

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Another frustrating part of Sundays game was Singletary's use of a challenge on the spot of the ball with 3rd and inches coming up for GB right before the 2 minute warning.

I don't know what he or Paraag saw but it cost us our final timeout and on the 3rd and inches QB sneak the defense claimed Rodgers fumbled but of course it did not matter since we were out of challenges and to's. No one mentioned this but it was a crucial challenge.

Horrible game management
If we won the challenge we would have said Singletary was a smart man. We got f**ked as always when we play GB..he was clearly down at least 1 yard away from where he was marked down.
  • LuvTheGame
  • Info N/A
I totally agree!!! The time out was more important then the spot. This is like Nowin all over again

I thought it was a good challenge. Even the annoucers said we were robbed.

Stop trying to find new ways to hate your team.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
refs screwed us. The challenge was fine.
i thought so to until i saw how close we got to stopping them on 3rd and inches. if the refs would have reversed the call, like they should have, it would have been fourth down.

The nfl is about game of inches, i didnt agree with the challenge until after 3rd down play.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Another frustrating part of Sundays game was Singletary's use of a challenge on the spot of the ball with 3rd and inches coming up for GB right before the 2 minute warning.

I don't know what he or Paraag saw but it cost us our final timeout and on the 3rd and inches QB sneak the defense claimed Rodgers fumbled but of course it did not matter since we were out of challenges and to's. No one mentioned this but it was a crucial challenge.

Horrible game management

horrible spot of the ball twice...it didnt matter because GB still could of ran the clock giving us hardly enough time to do anything.
the ref seemed pissed and almost like he didn't give us the call just cuz we challenged his decision. I still don't think we would of stopped them from getting the first.
Originally posted by crzy:
refs screwed us. The challenge was fine.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
If we won the challenge we would have said Singletary was a smart man. We got f**ked as always when we play GB..he was clearly down at least 1 yard away from where he was marked down.

So you think it was 3rd and 2?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
the ref seemed pissed and almost like he didn't give us the call just cuz we challenged his decision. I still don't think we would of stopped them from getting the first.

You're most likely right, our whole D were playing like b***hes from the beginning till the end. Letting Grant run all over the place, since the start that f**ker was running for 6+ yards almost every carry. Pathetic
Originally posted by miked1978:
I thought it was a good challenge. Even the annoucers said we were robbed.

Stop trying to find new ways to hate your team.

Not hard to do

Yes
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Horrible game management

horrible spot of the ball twice...it didnt matter because GB still could of ran the clock giving us hardly enough time to do anything.

There was 2:32 left on the clock when Rodgers appeared to fumble the ball on the 3rd down conversion

Yes

I thought the spot was bad. We would have used our last time out any way in that situation, so it didn't really matter.
Share 49ersWebzone