There are 165 users in the forums

Is our team better than its record?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is our team better than its record?

Defense not as good as we thought. Offense still struggling. We are what we are - a mediocre team trying to reach .500.? Playoffs? What playoffs!!
No. Our record is on par with the level of talent of our players, coaches and front office. We are lacking in all areas.
we are definitely under acheieving if you ask me, we have the personal but not the coaching to put it all together
It is what it is. They are exactly what their record says about them. Their record is a result of how not good they are.
Originally posted by krizay:
We mostly beat ourselves, If we eliminate dumb mistakes we can play with anyone and have a chance to win.
if your Q means "Could our players be better utilized so we would have a better record ?" then my answer is YES !
what a depressing thread... there is no joy in this organization anymore.

we should just tank the rest of the year and hope carolina follows suit and we pick up eric berry with one of our top 6 picks and the best OT available with the very next pick. then we can just sit and wait for a year and say THIS is our year... and then be disappointed yet again! woohoo!
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
How close we were in our losses against the Vikings, Colts, Texans, Titans.

The first two sting more though.

The Colts and Vikings sting a bunch but it was that Atlanta game where we got blown out 45-10 at home which stung the most to me. That game sent us oun a downward spiral because we had back to back road games to follow. I sure miss the days when the Falcons sucked

But on topic, I think we are as good as our record. Our HC is showing his true colors. I wanted him to be HC so bad but he looks like Nolan, in over his head a bit in the X's and O's and essential knowledge of being a HC with the one plus he is a hell of a motivator/mentor.

I think we need a well networked coach that can bring has the clout to assemble a kick arse staff. We also need to find out what Alex Smith has. I still am not sold.

Go Niners
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:20 AM ]
1 game better.

the only game we shoulda won was the vikings game

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Good hell people. I hate this mentality of getting rid of Sing and Raye because of a bad stretch.

If we'd had this mentality back in 1979 after Walsh's 2-14 start he'd be out the door. His 1980 record was 6-10 and that would've caused many of you to want him gone even more. Hell most of the people calling for Sing and Raye to be gone would be sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches in the middle of Walsh's first season!

We have an outside chance at 10-6 (not likely), a decent chance at 9-7 (very doable). I'll be shocked if we end up below 8-8 (personally I think we'll end up at 9-7 which is what I predicted at the beginning of the year).

An 8-8 record will be the best record we've had since 2002!! That alone will make this season a success in my mind because we've only had 2 winning seasons in 10 years.
i would say yes. There are a couple losses this year that just seem like flat out brain farts

not to mention that our o line is beat to hell...
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smileyman:
Good hell people. I hate this mentality of getting rid of Sing and Raye because of a bad stretch.

If we'd had this mentality back in 1979 after Walsh's 2-14 start he'd be out the door. His 1980 record was 6-10 and that would've caused many of you to want him gone even more. Hell most of the people calling for Sing and Raye to be gone would be sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches in the middle of Walsh's first season!

We have an outside chance at 10-6 (not likely), a decent chance at 9-7 (very doable). I'll be shocked if we end up below 8-8 (personally I think we'll end up at 9-7 which is what I predicted at the beginning of the year).

An 8-8 record will be the best record we've had since 2002!! That alone will make this season a success in my mind because we've only had 2 winning seasons in 10 years.

Walsh revolutionized offense. What are Singletary and Raye going to do? They're not reinventing the wheel or anything. Singletary knows nothing about offense. Raye has never proven anything. They won't be missed.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by B650:

Walsh revolutionized offense. What are Singletary and Raye going to do? They're not reinventing the wheel or anything. Singletary knows nothing about offense. Raye has never proven anything. They won't be missed.

Walsh didn't revolutionize offense his first year, nor his second year. That's the point I'm making.

Sing hasn't even coached for a full year yet and already people are calling for his head on a silver platter.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:

Walsh didn't revolutionize offense his first year, nor his second year. That's the point I'm making.

Sing hasn't even coached for a full year yet and already people are calling for his head on a silver platter.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I don't think Singletary is really going to be a genius coach or anything like that. We won't be losing a great football mind. He just wants to run and play defense. Raye has had plenty of time to prove himself in the league. I don't mind giving Singletary another year, but I want a qualified OC under him. If it was up to me, I'd just go get a Shanahan or Holmgren though, to be honest.
Share 49ersWebzone