There are 201 users in the forums

No leadership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I know Sing is a leader but he is the coach so his words only carry so far. We lack leadership from the players. Alex couldn't lead a girl scout team, Patrick is a great player however he is not a vocal type of leader. We need leaders like Ronnie Lott, Ray Lewis and Ken Norton Jr , Tim McDonland were good leaders. Guys that make sure everybody is playing up to a certain level.

The biggest problem with with our roster is that Nolan and McClueless loaded it up with a bunch of soft, yes men type of players (Nolan guys).

I think to be successful in the NFL you need to extrovert type of personalities. Guys that dont give a f**k, and even challenge coaches sometimes. Nice guys dont win games.
I think you're on to something here. This team appears to lack vocal leaders to police the locker room outside of Singletary and I think that's a problem.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think you're on to something here. This team appears to lack vocal leaders to police the locker room outside of Singletary and I think that's a problem.

I think I agree we may need that on our team to get it us over the top.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

It is a problem when your team captains are VD, Heitman and MROB, and I can't even think of the fourth one.
We need more DIVAS who say stuff like "throw me the damn ball."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

We already got one of those, just give it a few years.
what ever... T.O. was on this team, and told it like it is.....he was basically saying THE EXACT SAME THINGS we fans were posting/complain about here at the Zone back in 1999-2003....but was crucified by the local media and most of the fans here turned their back on him and still talk sh1t....

believe it or not he was/is a vocal leader.......most believe that back in the Giants vs 9ers playoff game where we were getting blown out that it was all Garcia that brought us back....but if you watch the game again, pay attention to Jeff's demeanor on the sidelines.....Jeff had is head down for most of the first half......even when T.O. was talking to him, trying to pump him up.....it was stated after the game that T.O. spoke up in the locker room at half time to try to rally everyone...... Jeff played great in the come back but he sure didn't give me no hope watching him sulk it up on the sidelines in the first half...I still believe T.O. played a big part in that game....play making and as a leader.

there are alot of things that come with a vocal leader...you have some who are just loud talkers and you have some that REALLY believe in what they say and emotions come along with them, good and bad.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:24 AM ]
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Just curious...where exactly has the lack of a "vocal" leader cost the 49ers a win?

Would a vocal leader have really made the OL block better or the DL get a better pass rush?

Not saying the team doesn't need more leaders but its not like we have heard any reports of someone dogging it or not playing hard. If anything, you've seen the opposite. With the exception of the Atlanta game, every game they've lost has been decided by 7 points or less and the 49ers have continued to play hard and made each game interesting at the end. Even in the Atlanta game, they fought back from 14-0 to 14-10 and had the ball at the Atlanta 30 yard line about half-way through the 2nd Quarter before it all fell apart.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

We already got one of those, just give it a few years.

He's already starting a little bit.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by kem99:
Just curious...where exactly has the lack of a "vocal" leader cost the 49ers a win?

Would a vocal leader have really made the OL block better or the DL get a better pass rush?

Not saying the team doesn't need more leaders but its not like we have heard any reports of someone dogging it or not playing hard. If anything, you've seen the opposite. With the exception of the Atlanta game, every game they've lost has been decided by 7 points or less and the 49ers have continued to play hard and made each game interesting at the end. Even in the Atlanta game, they fought back from 14-0 to 14-10 and had the ball at the Atlanta 30 yard line about half-way through the 2nd Quarter before it all fell apart.

For example last week in GB. The players on offense were saying that were waiting on someone to make a play. Dont you think if we had some vocal leaders they would have gotten them together and said lets go do this. Given on offense the leadership MUST come from the QB, but we all know Alex is not confident and gets shaken easily.

No leadership? You're kidding...

• jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what ever... T.O. was on this team, and told it like it is.....he was basically saying THE EXACT SAME THINGS we fans were posting/complain about here at the Zone back in 1999-2003....but was crucified by the local media and most of the fans here turned their back on him and still talk sh1t....

believe it or not he was/is a vocal leader.......most believe that back in the Giants vs 9ers playoff game where we were getting blown out that it was all Garcia that brought us back....but if you watch the game again, pay attention to Jeff's demeanor on the sidelines.....Jeff had is head down for most of the first half......even when T.O. was talking to him, trying to pump him up.....it was stated after the game that T.O. spoke up in the locker room at half time to try to rally everyone...... Jeff played great in the come back but he sure didn't give me no hope watching him sulk it up on the sidelines in the first half...I still believe T.O. played a big part in that game....play making and as a leader.

there are alot of things that come with a vocal leader...you have some who are just loud talkers and you have some that REALLY believe in what they say and emotions come along with them, good and bad.

Yeah I disagree. TO is and always will be a cancer to a team. And he has proved that as he has been shipped around the league and is now sitting on a crappy team in a small market. I like Chad Ochocinco's style better. Or Ray Lewis.
This is true
Chila Rachel seems like the biggest p***y ever..she sure plays like one too
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Chila Rachel seems like the biggest p***y ever..she sure plays like one too

He's from Compton. He could probably kick the s**t out of you.

But if you say he's a p***y...
Share 49ersWebzone