Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 49ers are much better than last year

We are still a 7-9 team
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by crzy:
Without a doubt we're a better team this year.

Does anyone actually think last year's squad could have played the Colts and Vikings tough?

And we have two first rounders next year. We're on the way up with Singletary. All this panic is very premature.

Oh my brother, Testify!

I think the reason why everyone is going nut is because there was alot of little things that this team could do THIS year and make a run at the playoffs.

The miracle at Minnesota, playing step for step with Indy, coming back against both houston and green bay.

This team is leaps and bounds better than the team last year with basically the same personnel.
Are you sure you want to use the term "much better"?
  • flow
  • Veteran

Does anyone actually think last year's squad could have played the Colts and Vikings tough?

And we have two first rounders next year. We're on the way up with Singletary. All this panic is very premature.

Yeah but as well as we played against Minnesota and Indy it is disturbring how poorly we came out and played against Houston, Green Bay and Atlanta. Two of those games we had extra time to prepare for and were severly outcoached in those games. I don't care if we have 5 1st rd picks, with this playcalling and Singletary's stubborness, it ain't going to matter much. Next year maybe we can get to 8-8 or even 9-7 but with Singletary and Raye I don't see us ever going to far and I sure as heck don't see us winning a superbowl.
In this league if you are not winning you are not improving. Good teams win the close games, bad and mediocre teams lose the close ones.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
If you look at the Nolan era, you'll see that 1/3 of the time the 9ers won (usually by just a couple points), 1/3 of the time they lost close games, and 1/3 of the time they were blown out. So far there has only been one blow out and that was against the Falcons. It's incremental improvement to be sure, but it is improvement. Next year is going to be the year to watch this team take off.

I hope so, there is not that many years left until 2012.

Are you talking about the uncapped year or the end of the World in 2012?

I sure hope the cyclops aliens that look like Oprah that take us over like football (and don't kill us all).
This should be the niners motto this year: We make losing look acceptable.