There are 202 users in the forums

Can Mike Singletary run another tough training camp next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im not sure these guys will respond and will want to work as hard after a 6-10 season. Whats the point? I thought at the very least we would be a great tackling team and physical and tough team but we are not any of those.

I think Singletary's speeches and demands are going to start to fall on deaf ears.
People complained about Coughlin working the team too hard the first year when they went 6-10.

The next year people shut up when they won the division.
The rest of the naysayers shut up when they beat the 18-0 Patriots in the 2007-08 Season's Super Bowl.

Though, Singletary hasn't proven anything in the NFL like Coughlin had. Tom had already taken the Jaguars to two AFC Championship berths and 4 playoff berths in total.
Tom Coughlin also fired his OC after that 6-10 season and hired/promoted Kevin Gilbride to OC.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
People complained about Coughlin working the team too hard the first year when they went 6-10.

The rest of the naysayers shut up when they beat the 18-0 Patriots in the 2007-08 Season's Super Bowl.

Though, Singletary hasn't proven anything in the NFL like Coughlin had. Tom had already taken the Jaguars to two AFC Championship berths and 4 playoff berths in total.

How long had he coached the Jags?
Originally posted by TFSP:

Think he will be available? I'd still rather have Holmgren or Shanny or Gruden.
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by TFSP:

Think he will be available? I'd still rather have Holmgren or Shanny or Gruden.

I would take Dirk Koetter the Jags OC if Del Rio gets fired
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
That training camp was about establishing a physical identity. And it led to us being 3-1 in the first four games. We played above our heads early because of the rigorous work we put in, in the offseason.
[ Edited by crzy on Nov 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
That training camp was about establishing a physical identity. And it led to us being 3-1 in the first four games. We played above our heads early because of the rigorous work we put in, in the offseason.

Then we got exposed by Atlanta. It's not how you start, its how you finish!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by crzy:

Then we got exposed by Atlanta. It's not how you start, its how you finish!

That's because we dont have the talent to be a top team. Also, everyone team has a real stinker.
The 49ers have got to hire some of you people. You know who all the really good players are going to be. With that type of insight the 49ers would return to glory. Apparently they have little or no talent on this team at all. I wish I got paid that much for being a talentless hack. Where do I sign up?

Sing can do whatever the f**k he wants cuz he's a badass
I think Sing at the minimum deserves another year to show that he can get the job done. We have a few holes on this team (namely OL, and pass rushers), but between the draft and FA we should be able to plug most, if not all of them.

Should we fail to show drastic improvement next year than I'd say we may want to consider replacing him.
Originally posted by baltien:
I think Sing at the minimum deserves another year to show that he can get the job done. We have a few holes on this team (namely OL, and pass rushers), but between the draft and FA we should be able to plug most, if not all of them.

Should we fail to show drastic improvement next year than I'd say we may want to consider replacing him.

three years if not five years. That is what coach singletary deserves.
Tom Coughlin also fired his OC after that 6-10 season and hired/promoted Kevin Gilbride to OC.

Good Because Raye wasn't even the first guy asked to take the job. So i hope we do i rather give mike johnson a chance to call plays. Clearly it's play calling when you throw for 6 yards in 2 quarters come back out same team same qb and put up 3 td's!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Good Because Raye wasn't even the first guy asked to take the job. So i hope we do i rather give mike johnson a chance to call plays. Clearly it's play calling when you throw for 6 yards in 2 quarters come back out same team same qb and put up 3 td's!

Bingo!
Share 49ersWebzone