There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Plz help me understand Why

Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When the offense goes into a funk like they did on Sunday in the first. Some team goes to the 'no huddle' offense just to get things to an up tempo on offense. Did Raye ever did something like that or remotely similar. Cause it seems to me every time some thing goes bad like a sack or incomplete, Raye goes straight back to running the ball with Gore up the middle. Was there two pass plays in a row

There was only one of those series that we went to back to back runs and that was on the 1 series wehere we did all of our damage. The biggest problem was that on all the other series we we in negative yards after the 1st play.

And I bet you they tried to run the ball to get back some of those negative yards then throw to get back the rest. Predictable is my point.

Being predictable is a useless term in this sport. Teams are always going to know what the players are going to do. that is thier job. It is the players jobs to beat their man. either by protection or running a route. Hell GB was predictable. we all knew that they would throw the ball alot but that didnt stop them did it?

I understand what you are saying totally. There are some situation in the game where the offense must lean towards safe and predictable to keep from turning the ball over, such as in side your own ten. In that situation it's obvious no matter if predictable you just want to out run, out block, etc., the other team to get more room to operate and not risk a turnover at the goal line.

This is hindsight, but I don't think I'm expecting too much from an NFL OC to assess the situation in the first half of the GB game and make a change. I have gone back and watch the first half. The offensive guys weren't getting it done. There were combination of times where Smith had time but WRs weren't getting open or receivers getting open but Smith didn't have time to set and throw. Other then that long run in the first drive Gore wasn't getting much, just a few yards here and there and even lost some. At the same time, here's the kicker for me, if Raye had looked at our defense, they were getting moved on up and down the field. I think 4 of 5 Packers drives end up inside the redzone resulted in 3-3-7-7 then another 3 before the half. So he must have known the defense was in trouble.

So my question is did Raye tried to change up the offense to try to jumpstart his guys or did he stayed the course and wait for his guys to get out of the lethargic funk...

I don't think he did.
When the offense goes into a funk like they did on Sunday in the first. Some team goes to the 'no huddle' offense just to get things to an up tempo on offense. Did Raye ever did something like that or remotely similar. Cause it seems to me every time some thing goes bad like a sack or incomplete, Raye goes straight back to running the ball with Gore up the middle. Was there two pass plays in a row

There was only one of those series that we went to back to back runs and that was on the 1 series wehere we did all of our damage. The biggest problem was that on all the other series we we in negative yards after the 1st play.

And I bet you they tried to run the ball to get back some of those negative yards then throw to get back the rest. Predictable is my point.

Being predictable is a useless term in this sport. Teams are always going to know what the players are going to do. that is thier job. It is the players jobs to beat their man. either by protection or running a route. Hell GB was predictable. we all knew that they would throw the ball alot but that didnt stop them did it?

I understand what you are saying totally. There are some situation in the game where the offense must lean towards safe and predictable to keep from turning the ball over, such as in side your own ten. In that situation it's obvious no matter if predictable you just want to out run, out block, etc., the other team to get more room to operate and not risk a turnover at the goal line.

This is hindsight, but I don't think I'm expecting too much from an NFL OC to assess the situation in the first half of the GB game and make a change. I have gone back and watch the first half. The offensive guys weren't getting it done. There were combination of times where Smith had time but WRs weren't getting open or receivers getting open but Smith didn't have time to set and throw. Other then that long run in the first drive Gore wasn't getting much, just a few yards here and there and even lost some. At the same time, here's the kicker for me, if Raye had looked at our defense, they were getting moved on up and down the field. I think 4 of 5 Packers drives end up inside the redzone resulted in 3-3-7-7 then another 3 before the half. So he must have known the defense was in trouble.

So my question is did Raye tried to change up the offense to try to jumpstart his guys or did he stayed the course and wait for his guys to get out of the lethargic funk...

I don't think he did.

I think the Playcalling is way different then from even 2 weeks ago. Alex is getting a real good look for next season.The biggest difference between the 2 halves is the execution of the plays. Look at it this way out of the 1st 11pass plays 6 were out of the shotgun or spread. the 1 pick was the only pass play from under center. The fact that we started out throwing was because jimmy knew that we would have to shoot it out. We just did not execute the plan well until the 2nd half then all of a sudden the players woke up.