There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
Most of the teams in the wild card hunt with the 49ers have tough schedules where I can see each team losing a majority of their remaining schedule. I think ATL will go on a 3 game skid. Philly has a tough schedule too. NY is done as well. I do think the MNF game vs. AZ will be for the division lead. I hope the Vikings annihilate Warner this week.
Originally posted by jerryricefan80:
Most of the teams in the wild card hunt with the 49ers have tough schedules where I can see each team losing a majority of their remaining schedule. I think ATL will go on a 3 game skid. Philly has a tough schedule too. NY is done as well. I do think the MNF game vs. AZ will be for the division lead. I hope the Vikings annihilate Warner this week.

Where is the Warner update? i Need a Warner update!
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by genz22:
Lets beat the Seahawks and root for the Cards to lose vs. the Vikings. Then I will be on a plane to San Fran from Columbus, OH because I have tickets to the Monday Night Game.....2nd row 40 yard line!

Lets not lose focus. Seattle first, then we can look at the possibility of beating Arizona. When we get that far then we can fatasize a bit. But first things first. The rest will take care of itself if we beat Seattle.

Yeah because if us fans lose focus, the players surely will!
Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs? Not to get all Mora on you, but if the 9ers don't beat Seattle this weekend, or if Arizona doesn't lose to Minny you can pretty much cancel your playoff plans. Assuming the 9ers do win and Zona loses, then they gotta win on Monday night... let's revisit this in a couple of weeks.
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Micky6:
Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs? Not to get all Mora on you, but if the 9ers don't beat Seattle this weekend, or if Arizona doesn't lose to Minny you can pretty much cancel your playoff plans. Assuming the 9ers do win and Zona loses, then they gotta win on Monday night... let's revisit this in a couple of weeks.

Totally agree with u here...Let's just focus on the next team ahead of us week after week...if we dont then all this playoff talk dont mean crap.
Still no playoff spot? I thought a division title guarentees a playoff spot...no matter your record (a 7-9 team made the playoffS).
If that happens we go to the playoffs.
Sorry folks, it's just not happening Time to start looking tward the draft.
I know its not likely, but is it possible? I just hate all the links and news stories about the niners being out of the playoffs once again...it sucks to be counted out before your actually out...especially with the talent on our team.
We aren't mathematically out.... just logically.
Originally posted by dreNmel08:
Still no playoff spot? I thought a division title guarentees a playoff spot...no matter your record (a 7-9 team made the playoffS).

To confirm the bolded part of your question, that's correct.
if that happens
then yes we get a playoff spot
but i doubt it

AZ has detroit st louis and green bay


So you're telling me there's a chance..
If the niners win out and the cards lose out, that would make us 9-7 and the cards 8-8 and we would get a home playoff game.

If the niners beat the cards and win 3 of 4 and the cardinals lost out we will be 8-8 and the cards 8-8 and we would still win the division and get a home playoff game since we would have the tie breaker.

If we win out and the card go 1-3 we win the division because of the tiebreaker.

When all is said and done, the niners will be 7-9 with the 11th and 13th pick in the draft, missing out on some playmakers in the draft.

We will be 8-8 next year as well.

[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 12, 2009 at 09:18:15 ]
Originally posted by dreNmel08:
I know its not likely, but is it possible? I just hate all the links and news stories about the niners being out of the playoffs once again...it sucks to be counted out before your actually out...especially with the talent on our team.

It is possible but the cardinals are playing the rams and lions. Those games will be tough games to LOSE. I hope for the sake of the niners' season that the rams and lions have their best games of the season playing the cardinals.
...