LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I'm optimistic to a fault when it comes to my Niners, but this will not happen. We are all done.

Indeed.

Originally posted by Adman:
Cardinals schedule next 3 weeks:
@Tennessee (Warner has head injury), Minnesota (should straight up out play the Cards), and @ SF (MNF).

Our schedule next 3 weeks:
Jacksonville, @Seattle, Arizona(MNF)

Look at these schedules. With the Cards 2 games ahead of us...they could very likely lose their next 2. If we can some how get our s**t together and play atleast average these next 2 weeks we should be able to beat Jacksonville and Seattle.

Meaning...the MNF game against the Cards will be for 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're 3 games ahead of us as is. If they lose the next 3 and we win the next 3 then we will be tied and have the tie breaker, but until then they still have a 3 game lead.

7-3
4-6
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
I agree with Afrikan. I think we would have won more in the last four games with Hill. I am a Hill fan, but also believe that 8-8 or 9-7 is the top end for him. Not enough to get to the playoffs on a regular basis. See flaws in Smith, but the right coaching could help. Smith could have won another game, at least, with better coaching. Both QBs have there good and bad points. Hill would have won more games with different play calling and so would have Smith. Games have to be called to their strengths. It looks to me like a little improvement on the play calling and this team could be successful with Smith continuing as the starter for now and Hill backing him up. You know Hill is hoping for another chance and if something happened to Smith, Hill would be successful for a couple of games just because he would be giving it his all. Don't think he did that the last couple of games he started. While I would be very happy if we made the playoffs, I would be fine with more wins and improvement over the rest of the season. Seeing a decent amount of improvement would let us, as fans, be optimistic looking foreward to next season. Off season would be easier on us if we could see that our team was going somewhere next year.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
makes sense but i am sick and tired of setting up myself for to be heartbroken time after time

I had to respond to this because it's not only true for the niners, but also for my job search. Just when you think you get one or have a chance...you don't get it.
Everytime there's a thread like this, it brings back a little hope.
Then I look at our offense & defense (lately)...and basically realize we are done for this season.
if some of you have followed my posts, I have been optimistic every week about each of our games, be it with Alex or Shaun, because I believe in this team....we have some player makers, yes playermakers.....we need to use them to their strengths...

every week I see a scenario of how we should win a game, and truly believe it....but this coaching staff has finally made me cautious about this team....

they seem they do not know what they want to do.....do they want to win games? do they want to make the playoffs?....do they want to slowly develop Alex (again)?....or are they trying to do all three at the same time..... that is not going to cut it...

Either you believe in Alex, treat him like a man....let him go out there and win you these games..... install faith in him....F'that u know what, expect results from him and let him know....

because it is really STUPID to play a game like we did against the Bears.....we come out passing....Alex looks good, receivers look good....and Alex throws an INT.....OK FINE, IT WAS EARLY IN THE GAME!....but we come out in the second half and try to run out the clock WTF is that.....you let Alex finish the game...let him pass....let him do roll outs, USE HIM FOR THE REASON YOU CHOSE TO HAVE HIM AS A STARTER, FOR THE REASON HE IS STILL ON THIS TEAM, USE HIM......if he does messes up for a few games, then fine, we are still in the playoff hunt...and you do what is best for the team, be it....stick with Alex or throw Shaun back in there until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.....then either have Alex or Nate play some games, because I don't believe Shaun will be here next year.....but I still wanted to make the playoffs this year

All we are doing is dying a slow death and it is stressful to watch.....we are stalling our team....either we WIN these games....(not play not to lose) or we lose trying to win by letting our players win theses game for us.

like I said, I have been optimistic for most of the season...but after Sunday's game and yesterday's press conference.... I am not anymore..... these other teams will have serious reason to try to beat us....they will not lay down....when we played the Texans, toward the end when we made a come back, They played to win..they didn't try to run out the clock, they had some nice passing plays that got him key first downs and got in field goal range to extend the lead.......that is how the Jags will play this week.... They need this win, and I'm sure they expect to win, even if it is at our house.....they are in the playoff hunt, they want this more than our coaches do..... Seattle, I'm sure they want revenge for losing to us early in the year as well as us almost killing Hasselback...and it's at their house.... (I still think we can win this game, either way ) but as far as this week, either we stop BSing or we will lose again at home and our season is pretty much over....then what?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:08 AM ]
I'd rather have the chance to draft Eric Berry than go to the playoffs and embarrass ourselves.
This weekend:

If the Niners beat the Jags and the Cards lose to the Titans then were in business. I expect even a poor performance from the Niners to be enough to beat the Hawks the following week and the Vikes will surely beat the Cardinals.
I was talking to a collegue of mines and he's a Giants fan. He said u know what. Man a win is a win, whether it be by one point or half. I then asked yo, even tho ya'll been sucking for a few games Eli sucks right.

His exact words, nah, i mean he had a few bad games, but got it back on track. s**t aint no one gonna be perfect. But i think he got it back together.

I just used this because it's funny a random fan, for a random team, and SB or not in the past, we are talking about currents, and they were on a 3 game losing streak as a team, and not once did everyone focus on Eli, Eli, Eli.

I dont know if the playoffs can happen, but at the same time. If anyone would of told me the Bengals would be where they are, the damn Lions and Browns QB's Stafford and Quinn would thrown for almost 10tds collectively in just one game. Or that the supposed winning Mark Sanchez and the jets completely deflated. i would say hell nah.

But it's the NFL and things change from week to week. Like some of you said, a true fan supports till the last game, and even when there is no football, he or she is still checking on the team. But all this we done, we suck, damn, what happened to all the support. Or should i say one move in a certain position is made, and our team is doing worse. When statistically it's better in the second half, than in the first.
Originally posted by Adman:
Cardinals schedule next 3 weeks:
@Tennessee (Warner has head injury), Minnesota (should straight up out play the Cards), and @ SF (MNF).

Our schedule next 3 weeks:
Jacksonville, @Seattle, Arizona(MNF)

Look at these schedules. With the Cards 2 games ahead of us...they could very likely lose their next 2. If we can some how get our s**t together and play atleast average these next 2 weeks we should be able to beat Jacksonville and Seattle.

Meaning...the MNF game against the Cards will be for 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, I think it's reasonable. I wouldn't put money on it but it could easily happen.

Are they playing like a playoff team? No.

To win enough games to earn a playoff spot is going to require them to go on a run & start playing like a playoff team now. I don't see that happening.
of course we still have a "chance". Much like I, or you, have a chance of winning the Lotto.
Let's just play the games and see what happens. If its meant to be, it will happen!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I'd rather have the chance to draft Eric Berry than go to the playoffs and embarrass ourselves.

In the last 10 years a safety has not been drafted higher than 6. No matter how good he is people don't want to pay top 5 money for a safety. He's got a very good chance of slipping to one of our picks. (My guess is that we end up with two picks somewhere between 8 and 12).
Playoffs arent really in our hands any more. They are more in the Cardinals hands. All we can do is win and hope for the best at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone