There are 227 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wild card still an option???? Certianly... when i pose these facts you guys WILL cheer, as we still have a chance... Even better than winning our divison!

Dal (8-5) play @NO, @was, and vs PHI
NYG(7-6) play @WAS, CAR, and @MIN
ATL (6-7) play @NYJ, BUF, and @TB
ARI (8-5) play @DET, STL, GB

Dal: Dallas has a hard schedule coming up. It could be safe to say that they can lose 2 out of the next 3 to put them at 9-7 on the season due to their december woes.

NYG: All New york has to do for us is lose to one of the three teams listed putting them at (9-7) on the year..

Atl: atlanta hold an edge on us in head to head, but there is a good chance they will lose to one of these three teams listed with a hurt matt ryan and old backup chris redman to put them at 8-8 on the year.

Ari: we have to hope for a miracle for arizona to lose to either detroit or STL. this would put us in good position heading into the final week vs GB. we gotta hope GB is playing for somthing and doesn't lock their spot as well.... this is quite the long shot as i think arizona will smash the lions due to the puvaling we gave them lol..

So...... ONLY IF THE NINERS WIN OUT AND GO 9-7, how would we make the playoffs? If the stuff happens (above) which is very possible, the niners WILL own the best conf record at (8-4), better than Dallas (7-5) and NYG (7-5) even though we all have the same record at (9-7)....

Keep up the faith Niner faithful.... Because I WILL!!!!!!!!!!
It starts next weekend. Go Niners!!
Our biggest problem will be philly lol
How do you plan on winning at Philly?
weve hung with better teams like the colts and shoulda beat the vikings. if we play up to our potential we can beat the eagles.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
One game at a f**king time.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I understand... I hate it when people conclude we will win the rest of the games based of one win... Im just putting it into perspective though because I thought our only chance was with arizona...

I still have no idea how well beat philly.. their on a role
Originally posted by Ninerman49:

I understand... I hate it when people conclude we will win the rest of the games based of one win... Im just putting it into perspective though because I thought our only chance was with arizona...

So was AZ before we kicked the shiite out of them.

If we play defense like this in Philly, we'll win.
Wild card still an option???? Certianly... when i pose these facts you guys WILL cheer, as we still have a chance... Even better than winning our divison!

Dal (8-5) play @NO, @was, and vs PHI
NYG(7-6) play @WAS, CAR, and @MIN
ATL (6-7) play @NYJ, BUF, and @TB
ARI (8-5) play @DET, STL, GB

Dal: Dallas has a hard schedule coming up. It could be safe to say that they can lose 2 out of the next 3 to put them at 9-7 on the season due to their december woes.

NYG: All New york has to do for us is lose to one of the three teams listed putting them at (9-7) on the year..

Atl: atlanta hold an edge on us in head to head, but there is a good chance they will lose to one of these three teams listed with a hurt matt ryan and old backup chris redman to put them at 8-8 on the year.

Ari: we have to hope for a miracle for arizona to lose to either detroit or STL. this would put us in good position heading into the final week vs GB. we gotta hope GB is playing for somthing and doesn't lock their spot as well.... this is quite the long shot as i think arizona will smash the lions due to the puvaling we gave them lol..

So...... ONLY IF THE NINERS WIN OUT AND GO 9-7, how would we make the playoffs? If the stuff happens (above) which is very possible, the niners WILL own the best conf record at (8-4), better than Dallas (7-5) and NYG (7-5) even though we all have the same record at (9-7)....

Keep up the faith Niner faithful.... Because I WILL!!!!!!!!!!

That's actually a very good post.

Question: If we are talking about wild card, does it MATTER if Arizona wins the division? We don't need to win the division if we are talking about wild card right?

All of those scenarios look possible, if not probable, although Dallas looks like the toughest one out of those 4.

And obviously, the toughest, and least likely (not trying to be negative), would be us winning the next 3, especially against Philly IN Philly.

Originally posted by GoFD74:

If we force seven turnovers and EVER lose a game, we are a horrible team.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Not sure what your point is. For some reason, you seem to be mad that we didn't beat the current division leader by more...if that's how you feel, you're not very realistic.

[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 15, 2009 at 01:39:51 ]
Heck, if the freakin' Raiders across the bay can beat the Eagles this season, why not the Niners?? Granted it will be in Philly... and not sure what the weather going to be like when game time arising... but simply put, the 49ers absolutely need to WIN this game before talk about wild card possiblility.
I belive Cardinals are a way better team than the eagles but we beat the cardinals and I think its a matter of knowing how they play, If we can some how beat the Eagles its because were on a mission!
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Not sure what your point is. For some reason, you seem to be mad that we didn't beat the current division leader by more...if that's how you feel, you're not very realistic.

Realistic? I don't think our defense (or anybody's defense) will force seven turnovers in a single game again for some time. That was an AMAZING feat.

My point is, we will need a much better OFFENSE in Philly, if we want to win that game. We certainly can't depend upon another incredible 7 turnover performance.

A defense causing 7 turnovers is as rare as an offense scoring 7 touchdowns.

Let's put it this way, if our offense performs the same way in Philly, our season is over, even if the defense has a fairly strong game. I wouldn't count on 7 turnovers again for a LONG time to come.
Share 49ersWebzone