LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Given the schedule I see the Wild Card shaping like this:

PHI--11-5 (Host Wild Card game)
SF--L
Den--W
@Dal--W

AZ with 10-6: (Host Wild Card game)
@Det--W
StL--W
GB--L

GB with 12-4 (Minny plays Car and Chi...they finish with 13 wins at least)
@Pit--W
Sea--W
@AZ--W

49ers with 9-7 (of course we have to win out)
@Phi--W
Det--W
StL--W

Dal with 9-7
@NO--L
@Was--W
Phi--L

NYG with 9-7
@Was--W
Car--W
@Min--L

Atl with 8-8
@NYJ--L
Buf--W
@TB--W

Therefore, it is between the 49ers, Cowboys, and Giants.

49ers
Conf record=8-4

Cowboys
Conf record=7-5

Giants
Conf record=7-5

Man, that last week of the season could be a doozy!!!!!!

minnesota isn't going to be playing very many starters in the last week.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
LET'S GO DUCK HUNTING!

FIRST SOME CARDINALS, THEN SOME EAGLES!

ALL OR NOTHING!

If we do we better bring a bigger gun, last week we had a hard time hitting Seaguls.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I can't believe threads like this are still popping up. There is no doubt in my mind we arent headed for the playoffs. If we cant get it up against the Chickens then there is zero chance we will run the table. Sorry guys, I'm a true fan, but I've seen this movie one too many times.

Who's saying we're making it? This thread is not to do that. It's to show people, with raw facts, how incredibly unlikely it is, so more threads saying "We can still do it" don't pop up. This thread actually provides substance. It does not merely state "We have a chance."

This thread says goes much further than that, analyzing the "chances" for those who do still feel we have hope, but also verifying the horrifically low odds for those who feel there is no hope. It's a thread for all, my friend.

Your right. I read your original post wrong. I should have know as I usually like the things you have to say. You have to excuse me as I get confused easy.
Originally posted by bdiddy1724:
This is how we can still win the wild card.

1. Win out
2. Dallas needs to lose 2 games (@NO, @Wash, Philly)
3. Giaints need to lose 1 game (@Wash, Car, @Minn)
4. This does not need to happen as long as another team finishes 9-7 and its a 3-way tie at 9-7 but Atlanta lose 1 game (@Jets, Buff, @TB)

We would hold the tiebreaker vs any of those teams because we lost 3 games to the AFC so we would have a better NFC record. Atlanta would hold the head to head tiebreaker but if its a 3-way tie it would go to NFC record.

Its a long shot but still not impossible. I can see Dallas losing 2 games and the Giants losing 1 of those games. The hard part is us winning out.

will not be surprised 1 bit if 2-4 happens but we all know MOST of us at least, that the 9ers will not hold their part of the bargain by winning 4 straight
Actually. If we win out Az can even win 1 game because we would have the tie breaker over them since we would have beaten them twice. Not going to happen thought. Az will be crowned tonight with a win.
IF we make the playoffs, I wouldn't expect much. I'd ALMOST rather the team NOT win out, thus giving us a better pick in the draft.

Almost..................... but still, it would be great to see the team in the playoffs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Good lord... I love the confidence I really do but there really should be a line drawn here.

If only we had beaten Seattle...

That was a Nolan type loss. Damn you Singletary. Enough with the words and speeches, it's time for action.

He never was the right guy. Just a Pep Rally motivator. And 3 more wasted years by the time we get rid of him and start over.
"We gonna ROCK this thang tonight!!!"
Quote:
The 49ers could qualify for the playoffs under the following scenarios:

49ers win the rest of their games and the Cardinals lose the rest of theirs, leaving San Francisco alone atop the NFC West with a 9-7 record. Arizona would be 8-8.

49ers win the rest of their games to finish 9-7, and the Cardinals also finish 9-7. The 49ers would own the tiebreaker over Arizona, having swept the Cardinals.

49ers finish tied with Dallas for the final wild-card berth. Both teams would be 8-8. The 49ers would have the superior NFC record.

It's also possible, I think, for the 49ers to find themselves tied for a wild-card spot with multiple teams at 9-7

Via Mike Sando's blog.

BTW, why don't Sando's blogs every make the front page? He specifically covers the NFC west...

9ers playoff scenario(s)....by Mike Sando
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

So you're telling me there's a chance..

Best. Movie. Ever.

Originally posted by highwayone:
Originally posted by dreNmel08:
Still no playoff spot? I thought a division title guarentees a playoff spot...no matter your record (a 7-9 team made the playoffS).

To confirm the bolded part of your question, that's correct.

i thought the same thing but how come no one on NFL network or ESPN is saying that? I'm confused because if we win tonight & @ STl we win the divison. what the hell is going on?
Originally posted by wailers15:
Still no playoff spot? I thought a division title guarentees a playoff spot...no matter your record (a 7-9 team made the playoffS).

i thought the same thing but how come no one on NFL network or ESPN is saying that? I'm confused because if we win tonight & @ STl we win the divison. what the hell is going on?

we won't win the devision that way because AZ will still have a better record than us.
Originally posted by backontop:

we won't win the devision that way because AZ will still have a better record than us.

dude divison record goes to us if we beat AZ tonight then STl. we would be 5-1? how would AZ have a better divison record?
Originally posted by backontop:

dude divison record goes to us if we beat AZ tonight then STl. we would be 5-1? how would AZ have a better divison record?

in my understanding you still have to have the best record to win the devision
There is a reason why the Cardinals have a better record than the niners.

1. Niners lost to the Vikings. Cardinals beat the vikings.

2. Niners lost to the Texans. Cardinals beat the Texans.

3. Niners lost to the Seahawks. Cardinals swept the seahawks.

And that is why the niners are 3 games back. The 49ers have not beaten anyone that the cardinals have lost to.
Share 49ersWebzone