LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I prefer when the 49ers control their own destiny. Backing into the playoffs just never works out except in rare circumstances..

Next year..
My head hurts trying to understand
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i have a better chance winning the lotto than the 9ers have going to the playoffs. gm at philly is a guaranteed loss

I hate that your right. i am going to the philly game, my 1st 9ers game ever sucks for me i guess.

just be prepared when the score is around 17-40 something to be harassed merciless by them eagles fans who will more likely be super drunk early in the gm due to the fact they got the gm in the bag
I can't believe threads like this are still popping up. There is no doubt in my mind we arent headed for the playoffs. If we cant get it up against the Chickens then there is zero chance we will run the table. Sorry guys, I'm a true fan, but I've seen this movie one too many times.
Originally posted by Giggiddy:
My head hurts trying to understand

Updated for those whose heads are hurt. Simplified for ease of understanding. Review.

I can see Giants and Dallas having problems at the end of the season, but winning out... That's what I think everyone doubts.. If they did win out, does anybody doubt they deserve to be in the playoffs??
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
I prefer when the 49ers control their own destiny. Backing into the playoffs just never works out except in rare circumstances..

Next year..

No such thing. If we win 4 straight we'd deserve the playoffs just as much as any other 9-7 team.

[ Edited by Method on Dec 13, 2009 at 21:02:38 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I can't believe threads like this are still popping up. There is no doubt in my mind we arent headed for the playoffs. If we cant get it up against the Chickens then there is zero chance we will run the table. Sorry guys, I'm a true fan, but I've seen this movie one too many times.

Who's saying we're making it? This thread is not to do that. It's to show people, with raw facts, how incredibly unlikely it is, so more threads saying "We can still do it" don't pop up. This thread actually provides substance. It does not merely state "We have a chance."

This thread says goes much further than that, analyzing the "chances" for those who do still feel we have hope, but also verifying the horrifically low odds for those who feel there is no hope. It's a thread for all, my friend.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 13, 2009 at 21:02:11 ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:

or better yet....

we win the next 3 and hopefully Arizona drops its next 3....we will have identical records and we win the division because we swept Arizona both games!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Who's saying we're making it? This thread is not to do that. It's to show people, with raw facts, how incredibly unlikely it is, so more threads saying "We can still do it" don't pop up. This thread actually provides substance. It does not merely state "We have a chance."

This thread says goes much further than that, analyzing the "chances" for those who do still feel we have hope, but also verifying the horrifically low odds for those who feel there is no hope. It's a thread for all, my friend.

Agreed, my initial question if it was possible and you simply broke down the facts. I don't think anyone is confident that the 49ers can win 4 straight.
everyone is counting us out against philly, but didnt oakland beat philly?? ok...well...im guessing everyone here isnt a true niner fan...why would you place doubt on ur own team...i dont give a damn if we were 0-12 at this point, i cant believe some of the things i see you guys writing...have a little bit of faith and optimism and have your teams back every step of the way...cuz if you could do it any better, you would be in a position to make a difference...

[ Edited by bonafidejonb on Dec 13, 2009 at 22:06:27 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I can see #3 being the most feasible. The Cowboys are very inconsistent in December, and the Giants should lose one more before the end of the season.
Share 49ersWebzone