LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
We can't even beat seattle. We dont deserve a playoff spot.

This
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

So you're telling me there's a chance..

He ended up with the girl didn't he? Playoffs here we come!!

No he ended up like the niners....on the outside looking in.
Cardinal wiped the floor with the Vikings, that was scary and we still have to play Philly. So I believe we will not make the playoffs due to the fact that even if we win out, chances are the Cards will beat the Lions and the Rams.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dreNmel08:
Still no playoff spot? I thought a division title guarentees a playoff spot...no matter your record (a 7-9 team made the playoffS).

If Kurt Warner get's hurt for the season I think its possible that the Cardinals could lose out. I have faith in Leinart, that he is capable of screwing the whole thing up if the pressure is put on him.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

So you're telling me there's a chance..

LOL!!!
  • Austin49erFan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Sorry folks, it's just not happening Time to start looking tward the draft.

Survey SAYS!
ding ding ding - The correct answer
We have a better chance to make the wildcard if we win out then winning the division.I don't think the cowboys will win another game but if they do hope they win today and not the washington game.Two the eagles could very well lose three out of four,giants,us,broncos and cowboys.That would make the giants 10-6 and division champs,eagles 9-7 as long as they win the dallas game we both would be 9-7 and we would have the tiebreaker over philly for beating them head to head.I see this alot more probable then arizona losing to either detroit or st louis plus green bay.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
I know it would be huge that the 49ers to win all of there games so this is theory is hugely based on the 49ers going 4-0 the rest of there games.

If Eagles win tonight they go to 9-4. they play the 49ers and lose, then they have two games against the Denver Broncos and the Dallas Cowboys. That seems possible the they could lose but probably least likely of the two other teams that need to lose for a 9-7 team to make it to the playoffs. It's easy to see them going 9-6 if they lost the the 49ers playing for the playoffs

If they don't fall apart then it would be necessary for the Cowboys to fall apart. The Cowboys would have to lose 2 of there last 3. They have been known to fall apart in December. They play the Saints, Redskins, and the Eagles. If they lose to the Saints then they possible go into the last week also at 9-6

The last part of the scenario is the Giants, if they lose tonight they go 7-6 with there last game against the Vikings. Yeah I know the Vikings will probably have nothing to play for so hopefully they lose to either the Redskins or Carolina.

If two of these 3 teams end up 9-7 is there any chance that the 49ers go to the playoffs over them???
I'm sure its technically still possible to get in the playoffs, and I would love it to happen, but in my mind the 49ers are completely out of it. Not to mention the fact that they don't really deserve to be in the playoffs.
Well regardless of the Playoff hunt, I want this team to end as many chances as possible. Win over Arizona would give us an edge going into next season. Then ending the Iggles chances would be the icing on the cake for us.

I'm not saying we can't make the playoffs but after hearing Nate and others on KNBR, making it is a bit of a stretch at this point. Nice if it happens but I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

~Ceadder

Guys need to forget about playoffs this year. Not gonna happen
we will not be in the playoffs! Once you realize that you will be much better off.
You seriously think this team is capable of winning 4 in a row?
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
I'm sure its technically still possible to get in the playoffs, and I would love it to happen, but in my mind the 49ers are completely out of it. Not to mention the fact that they don't really deserve to be in the playoffs.

We are probably out of it. But I think if we got 9 wins, we would deserve it.

Consider how many closes losses we had, especially like Minnesota and Seattle. We really should be 7-5 right now.
If 49ers win all remaining games, finishing with a conference record of 8-4, what must occur in addition is:

1) Arizona must lose two more games.

OR

2) Philly must lose all remaining games.

OR

3) Dallas must lose two more games AND New York must lose one more game.

OR

4) Scenario 2 AND Green Bay losing all remaining games.

5) Scenario 3 AND Green Bay losing all remaining games.

Head-to-head will NOT be the tiebreaker, CONFERENCE RECORD is the tie-breaker. Head-to-head only matters within the division or if Conference Record is tied.

If you notice, Jacksonville LOST to Miami today, yet with the same record still holds the Wildcard over Miami.

------------------------------------------

That's it in a nutshell. I may have missed a scenario or two, but these scenarios all have us finishing with conference record of 8-4, and the other teams 7-5 in the conference.

Those teams remaining schedules a little more easier to read (Week 15 and beyond):

Cardinals
at Lions
vs Rams
vs Packers

Eagles:
vs 49ers
vs Broncos
at Cowboys

Giants:
at Washington
vs Carolina
at Minnesota