There are 253 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not that I think we have a realistic shot, but I guarantee if we win this monday night the media once again will be all over us as playoff chasers once. Like two years ago when we were "eliminated" and beat the Seahawks. The NFL is the definition of a "what have you done for me lately" business.
99% chance it wont happen, but i guess it`s possible...
  • NickV
  • Veteran
The chance is there. Even if we do beat Zona, I don't see them losing to Detroit and St. Louis.

Denver choked away a playoff spot last season. Cross your fingers it happens to the Cardinals.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for momoney925.
Originally posted by NickV:
The chance is there. Even if we do beat Zona, I don't see them losing to Detroit and St. Louis.

Denver choked away a playoff spot last season. Cross your fingers it happens to the Cardinals.

[ Edited by momoney925 on Dec 12, 2009 at 09:34:45 ]
We can't even beat seattle. We dont deserve a playoff spot.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
If the niners win out and the cards lose out, that would make us 9-7 and the cards 8-8 and we would get a home playoff game.

If the niners beat the cards and win 3 of 4 and the cardinals lost out we will be 8-8 and the cards 8-8 and we would still win the division and get a home playoff game since we would have the tie breaker.

If we win out and the card go 1-3 we win the division because of the tiebreaker.

When all is said and done, the niners will be 7-9 with the 11th and 13th pick in the draft, missing out on some playmakers in the draft.

We will be 8-8 next year as well.

come on now. have a little faith. 8-8 next year??? we are 13 points away from being 9-3 this year. 3 points to the vikings, 3 points to the texans, 4 points to the colts, and 3 points to the seahawks. 1 or 2 plays in each of those games is all it would have took for us to have won. we are a team on the cusp. another year will do this team alot of good.
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
If the niners win out and the cards lose out, that would make us 9-7 and the cards 8-8 and we would get a home playoff game.

If the niners beat the cards and win 3 of 4 and the cardinals lost out we will be 8-8 and the cards 8-8 and we would still win the division and get a home playoff game since we would have the tie breaker.

If we win out and the card go 1-3 we win the division because of the tiebreaker.

When all is said and done, the niners will be 7-9 with the 11th and 13th pick in the draft, missing out on some playmakers in the draft.

come on now. have a little faith. 8-8 next year??? we are 13 points away from being 9-3 this year. 3 points to the vikings, 3 points to the texans, 4 points to the colts, and 3 points to the seahawks. 1 or 2 plays in each of those games is all it would have took for us to have won. we are a team on the cusp. another year will do this team alot of good.

I hope youre right. Last year at this time, we were saying that Singletary was the answer and that we had won 5-2 to end the year and that this would be our year. There was no stopping us this year. This team just does not know how to finish games. I know what we need. The Eye of the Tiger!

the cards play rams and lions
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:

I hope youre right. Last year at this time, we were saying that Singletary was the answer and that we had won 5-2 to end the year and that this would be our year. There was no stopping us this year. This team just does not know how to finish games. I know what we need. The Eye of the Tiger!

right you are sir!!!! sing needs to make the guys watch a rocky movie before each game and nobody will stand a chance!!!

So since the Cards lost to the Panthers, do they not deserve a playoff spot either?

If we win our division (not likely, but still) then we deserve to go to the playoffs.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Good one.

I'm right there with you, tico. Looking forward to seeing this team with some continuity on offense next year!
If we beat them Monday night and put Waner out for the season then it becomes a chance. I say let the dog's loose and see what happens.

Also, the Steelers have lost 5 in a row to some sh*tty teams (Oakland, Kansas City, and CLeveland). Anything is possible.

[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Dec 12, 2009 at 10:29:06 ]

This
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

So you're telling me there's a chance..

what was all that one in a million talk?
Share 49ersWebzone