LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

What's the main reason why the niners are losing?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's the main reason why the niners are losing?

Originally posted by wailers15:
it's obvious it's the o-line, qb, weak d-line soft db's. But that comes from a bad GM who obviously has bad scouts because we've passed up great talent these last 2 drafts. it's a joke

this was also the issue last offseason when McClueless stood pat during free agency and did nothing.
Offensive playcalling and lack of pass rush.

End thread!
LACK OF TALENT!!!
Originally posted by montana4ever:
LACK OF TALENT!!!

the team has the talent, they just don't have the coaching.
I gotta say coaching preparation. I think there are coaches that could have this team at 500 or a little above.
We don't have talent at key positions.

1. No QB
2. No Edge Rusher

That equates to a mediocre team because we have talent everywhere else but we can't get the drive when we need to and we can't stop the drive when we need to.
Coaching.

Scheme.
  • B650
  • Veteran
The main reason is that the team is run by a bunch of cavemen. We lose the coaching battle every single week. We're so easy to figure out on tape. A prime example of that is if you watch the WRs, when they look back at the QB and point forward as if they were making a first-down gesture, it always means that they're running straight down the field on a go route.
The 49ers were 7-9 last year and there were no major improvements/additions made during the offseason. If anything, the switch from Martz to Raye was a move backwards. For all Singletary's bold talk, he is still a first year head coach with a lot to learn. 6-10 or 7-9, that seems about right.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

1. No QB
2. No Edge Rusher

That equates to a mediocre team because we have talent everywhere else but we can't get the drive when we need to and we can't stop the drive when we need to.

That might be true, but games are won or lost in the trenches, and our OL is the 2nd second biggest weakness on this team, behind the coaches, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Joecool:

1. No QB
2. No Edge Rusher

your right, we have no QB Let's bring back JTO I heard you were pretty high on him
They are losing because of the cumulative effect of most of the options you posted, not just one of them.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol at the Ninertalk panic.

People expect us to win football games with Barry Sims and Snyder starting at the tackle spots, with s**tty guards like Chilo, Wragge and Bass and with Alex Smith starting at quarterback.

Yeah, let's spread it out and throw 50 times like the Chicago Bears, so that Alex can throw away games to the opposition like he did in the Titans game. Ridiculous.

And I didn't even get to our defensive problems.
[ Edited by crzy on Nov 23, 2009 at 3:02 PM ]
We don't pressure and sack the other team's quarterback enough. That wasn't on your list, but that's what I think is the main reason. 2, coaching staff's failure to adapt to the talent we have, and 3, weak offensive line that can't get a push on runs and can't protect our QB very well.
Stubborness and not adjusting to our strengths!
Share 49ersWebzone