LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Best Superbowl ever?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Best Superbowl ever?

Not even close, out of Brady's 6 Super Bowl appearances alone... this is like 4th most exciting.
It's definitely top 5 in my book. Tremendous game..so many storylines, twists and turns, back and forths, and an unbelievable ending.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Didn't realize ratings were around in 1970.

I will go with 38.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Hey I was right!
It was a very good one in recent times.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2012 would have been number 1 if we could have pulled it off..fuking harbaugh
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2012 would have been number 1 if we could have pulled it off..fuking harbaugh

Uggh.. this. Would have been the greatest comeback in league history considering it was the SB. f**king should have given the ball to Gore. Seattle did the same s**t...denied Lynch the ball and look what happened.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
One word: Wow.

How old are you🍪

Let's be real. How many times have you seen a team turn it over on the one yard line with the Super Bowl on the line? That game turned 4 or 5 different times. First half was Pats, then even at halftime. Then Hawks in the 3rd quarter, game in hand. Then Brady gets 14 pts to take lead with 2 minutes left, all Pats. Then the bobble Mary pass. Then Hawks March it to the one yard line with plenty of time, game Hawks. Then a miracle interception to seal the game.

Best Super Bowl ever.
Let's be real. How many times have you seen a team turn it over on the one yard line with the Super Bowl on the line? That game turned 4 or 5 different times. First half was Pats, then even at halftime. Then Hawks in the 3rd quarter, game in hand. Then Brady gets 14 pts to take lead with 2 minutes left, all Pats. Then the bobble Mary pass. Then Hawks March it to the one yard line with plenty of time, game Hawks. Then a miracle interception to seal the game.

Best Super Bowl ever.

I gotta sit on this one for a few days. The emotions of the game and watching Seattle lose makes me feel like this was possible the best. Not sure if it was THE best, but it's definitely up there.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM ]

How old are you🍪

Best Super Bowl ever.
im guessing your young..so you get a pass

How old are you🍪

Best Super Bowl ever.

You should change your handle to 49oldtime. That Super Bowl was epic. If the Niners had have won in that fashion you would say it was the best hands down.

How old are you🍪

Best Super Bowl ever.

You should change your handle to 49oldtime. That Super Bowl was epic. If the Niners had have won in that fashion you would say it was the best hands down.
duh...it would have been the biggest comeback in SB history...guess what, that game was two years ago
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:45 PM ]
Best one I've seen is Giants over Pats 2007. Manning's escape and Tyree's catch were absolutely unfathomable.

But honestly, after that one, I think this comes next.

For point of reference, I'm 29 so I really don't remember any Super Bowls before 1991.

Brady shows at 37 that he can still get it done. Belichick shows balls the size of church bell (IMO) by not calling timeouts or letting Seattle score at the 1--it's like he knew his defense was gonna pick it.

And, above all else, to finally have Seattle feel that gut-wrenching stab to the chest of having the trophy ripped from your clutches, only reinforced by when they started brawling like a bunch of sandy f**king vaginas after they lost it.

Pats and Brady act like they've been there before; if Seattle wins with that catch--we'd never hear the end of it.
[ Edited by NinerPrideinNJ on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:58 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Best one I've seen is Giants over Pats 2007. Manning's escape and Tyree's catch were absolutely unfathomable.

But honestly, after that one, I think this comes next.

For point of reference, I'm 29 so I really don't remember any Super Bowls before 1991.

Brady shows at 37 that he can still get it done. Belichick shows balls the size of church bell (IMO) by not calling timeouts or letting Seattle score at the 1--it's like he knew his defense was gonna pick it.

And, above all else, to finally have Seattle feel that gut-wrenching stab to the chest of having the trophy ripped from your clutches, only reinforced by when they started brawling like a bunch of sandy f**king vaginas after they lost it.

Pats and Brady act like they've been there before; if Seattle wins with that catch--we'd never hear the end of it.

That was the best part of it all. All the bad karma Seattle built up led to that moment. It was destined to happen, it had to happen. I knew those f**kers would get what they deserved in due time. You couldn't script a more painful way to lose.
The best one I've seen was probably the Panthers vs Patriots. Also was my first Super Bowl. Brady broke my heart that year. 49ers vs Ravens would have been my favorite, but it's just too painful to acknowledge
Share 49ersWebzone