There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Vernon Davis head duck

Originally posted by MertonHanks:
Can't blame this one on a TE who had a TD and over 100 yds receiving when the defense couldn't get the ball back for almost 6 minutes at the end of the game.

your right, that is why the Smith haters continue to blame Smith for all the wrongs in the world
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
from another forum.

Quote:
Just so everybody knows, Alex himself said the INT was his fault here http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ORTS/911229979

“I got tangled on the release and tried to get the ball out quick,” Smith said. “The time clock goes off a little faster when you’re in your own end zone. I tried to get the ball out quick and Vernon was making an adjustment to see the ball and the ball carried past him. The safety was moving on my eyes, and he came over and made the play on it.” He stares down his WR and allows the safety to read his eyes. A mistake he constantly makes.

At least he's stepping up and taking accountability for that!

no I have always liked this about Alex.....it seems like everyone else makes excuses for him but he doesn't do it himself....it must be hard for him.....its like you're this kid who will never be taken seriously because everyone else is too protective of you.... I'm sure Alex doesn't like how Nolan and Sing make exuses for him....but he just doesn't say anything.

Sing kept bring up "all the crap" Alex "went through" in the press conference today.... the Coach needs to be an example and let his QB know to forget about the Past....this is your opportunity today...

but no they are still babying him.....he needs to go to another team where the Head Coach does not BS and treats him like a Man and expects him to be a LEADER...or he is GONE..... that is the type of discipline Alex needs to find out if he is truly a good QB in this league or if he is not...then he can move on with his life if he is not.
Originally posted by PTulini:
from another forum.

Quote:
Just so everybody knows, Alex himself said the INT was his fault here http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ORTS/911229979

“I got tangled on the release and tried to get the ball out quick,” Smith said. “The time clock goes off a little faster when you’re in your own end zone. I tried to get the ball out quick and Vernon was making an adjustment to see the ball and the ball carried past him. The safety was moving on my eyes, and he came over and made the play on it.” He stares down his WR and allows the safety to read his eyes. A mistake he constantly makes.

At least he's stepping up and taking accountability for that!

no I have always liked this about Alex.....it seems like everyone else makes excuses for him but he doesn't do it himself....it must be hard for him.....its like you're this kid who will never be taken seriously because everyone else is too protective of you.... I'm sure Alex doesn't like how Nolan and Sing make exuses for him....but he just doesn't say anything.

Sing kept bring up "all the crap" Alex "went through" in the press conference today.... the Coach needs to be an example and let his QB know to forget about the Past....this is your opportunity today...

but no they are still babying him.....he needs to go to another team where the Head Coach does not BS and treats him like a Man and expects him to be a LEADER...or he is GONE..... that is the type of discipline Alex needs to find out if he is truly a good QB in this league or if he is not...then he can move on with his life if he is not.

you're absolutely right, the coaches do baby him. They need to realize he is an NFL QB and need to put the games in his hands by playing to not only his strengths but the strengths of the entire offense. It isn't coincidence that the offense always plays better in a spread style offenese. So I say this you to Coach Sing and company. Let Smith be the leader of this team and stop holding his hand because you're to afraid he might get his feelings hurt.
  • titan
  • Veteran
VD didn't duck, just looked liked he did from that angle.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home