There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Vernon Davis head duck

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by kronik:
I think you are letting your hate make you see things. I didn't see any ducking. How can he duck when he never turned his head as you said?

It's not hate, it's to excuse Alex Smith from being at fault for the INT. Vernon Davis was beginning to look back for the ball when it had already sailed in between the two receivers. I guess Alex Smith thought BOTH of them were running 9 routes within 3 yards from one another.

Too bad he couldn't take it back when he saw one going to the corner and the other going to the post.

So madmartz hates VD and loves Alex Smith? I'm gonna be objective, that play was a miscommunication between the 2. Whether it was VD or Smith, I am not going to pretend to know. But there was no such "ducking" by VD. Why would he duck? Has he ducked before? The OP of this thread is blinded by hate.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I think that pass was going to Walker but was underthrown. Vernon Davis has exploded this year and yet, people are still bashing him

Its not a bash, its a fact! He should have caught the ball.

He was well covered and the ball was behind him. That's why you can argue that the ball could've been to Walker.

The ball was high but it went right over the top of VDs head. If you watch the replays they show the qb cam and from that view you can clearly see he turns his head and ducks because he was late in tracking the ball. Alex put the ball were it should have been caught.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
from another forum.

Quote:
Just so everybody knows, Alex himself said the INT was his fault here http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ORTS/911229979

“I got tangled on the release and tried to get the ball out quick,” Smith said. “The time clock goes off a little faster when you’re in your own end zone. I tried to get the ball out quick and Vernon was making an adjustment to see the ball and the ball carried past him. The safety was moving on my eyes, and he came over and made the play on it.” He stares down his WR and allows the safety to read his eyes. A mistake he constantly makes.

At least he's stepping up and taking accountability for that!
Originally posted by PTulini:
from another forum.

Quote:
Just so everybody knows, Alex himself said the INT was his fault here http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ORTS/911229979

“I got tangled on the release and tried to get the ball out quick,” Smith said. “The time clock goes off a little faster when you’re in your own end zone. I tried to get the ball out quick and Vernon was making an adjustment to see the ball and the ball carried past him. The safety was moving on my eyes, and he came over and made the play on it.” He stares down his WR and allows the safety to read his eyes. A mistake he constantly makes.

We should put Hill back in because he is GOD!
from another forum.

Quote:

You have to help your QB out. Especially if you know he has been getting harassed all day. Give me a break with that. What else is Alex supposed to say? We both know that Alex isnt the type to go taking shots at people. Alex needs help from his teammates and that was a play that should have been made. You gotta be ready for the rock!
Originally posted by backontop:
from another forum.

Quote:

Because we win sooo many games with Alex Smith.
I think you are letting your hate make you see things. I didn't see any ducking. How can he duck when he never turned his head as you said?

It's not hate, it's to excuse Alex Smith from being at fault for the INT. Vernon Davis was beginning to look back for the ball when it had already sailed in between the two receivers. I guess Alex Smith thought BOTH of them were running 9 routes within 3 yards from one another.

Too bad he couldn't take it back when he saw one going to the corner and the other going to the post.

So madmartz hates VD and loves Alex Smith? I'm gonna be objective, that play was a miscommunication between the 2. Whether it was VD or Smith, I am not going to pretend to know. But there was no such "ducking" by VD. Why would he duck? Has he ducked before? The OP of this thread is blinded by hate.

No, I dont hate VD at all. But I am calling him out on this one.
[ Edited by MadMartz on Nov 23, 2009 at 1:29 PM ]
from another forum.

Quote:

Exactly and Qb's all around the league, even the great ones threw 2 int's. That int didnt lose us the game. In my mind, the game was lost when rodgers had his best career half against us.

And stares down receivers, we still goin with that. If you watched the game, and the play, the two just didnt have the timing down, and even the announcers said it. But i mean what did you expect him to say. Davis needs to turn around faster. Nah he took accountability, just like he did, when i heard people b***hin about him talking about there is no way you can install a spread offense mid season and it work effectively. But he said this and most said WTF, he got no backbone. But thats why they are the players and we the fans.

He was politically correct, and supported the same HC that kept him around. VD and Crabs spoke up, instead. So at least the offense is sticking together.

The INT in the 2nd half reminded me of this play by Lloyd! Did you guys see VD duck? He never gets his head turned around in time. I have seen this way to many times with him.

Man bounce urself, after a year he's having, and he had a good game yesteday, you pull out this crap?

you must be really bored or not have anything else to talk about, that was clearly a bad pass, and it coulda been caught by walker maybe.
I think that pass was going to Walker but was underthrown. Vernon Davis has exploded this year and yet, people are still bashing him

Its not a bash, its a fact! He should have caught the ball.

He was well covered and the ball was behind him. That's why you can argue that the ball could've been to Walker.

The ball was high but it went right over the top of VDs head. If you watch the replays they show the qb cam and from that view you can clearly see he turns his head and ducks because he was late in tracking the ball. Alex put the ball were it should have been caught.

I dont think he ducked. Should have have known the ball was coming and looked for it? Definitely! That ball was not over his head it was right in front of his face. He did not duck because I dont think he saw it until it passed in front of his eyes.
from another forum.

Quote:

No your right, the offense was clearly doing much better with Hill in as the start. Please Singletary put God back...I mean Hill back in as the starter. When the offense fails under Hill he is so God like that it is not his fault. When Smith is the starter even if he throws 3 TD's to bring the team back in a chance to with the game and the defense fails to stop the offense it is clearly Smiths fault.
from another forum.

Quote:

No your right, the offense was clearly doing much better with Hill in as the start. Please Singletary put God back...I mean Hill back in as the starter. When the offense fails under Hill he is so God like that it is not his fault. When Smith is the starter even if he throws 3 TD's to bring the team back in a chance to with the game and the defense fails to stop the offense it is clearly Smiths fault.

Yeah Sing, please throw in the ONLY QB on our roster who doesn't give the chance to win the game by throwing INTs.
from another forum.

Quote:

Yeah Sing, please throw in the ONLY QB on our roster who doesn't give the chance to win the game by throwing INTs.

you seriously want Hill back as the starting QB??
Can't blame this one on a TE who had a TD and over 100 yds receiving when the defense couldn't get the ball back for almost 6 minutes at the end of the game.